Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Fill in the Blank!

I heard Ritchie Blackmore and wanted a Strat and a Marshall or Fender tube amp. I ended up with a Fender Lead III and a Fender Vibro Champ in early 1983. I wanted a FR-trem-equipped Strat-type a short time later (preferably a Kramer US Pacer Deluxe), bought a Focus 3000 instead. Then in '89 I made my big switch to Hamer, but nobody did inspire me to switch to Hamer, I just wanted a good Gibson-type double cutaway guitar with a Floyd Rose and good pickups so I bought a Steve Stevens I (I still love that design). But I think all in all, all those stars just gave me the inspiration to which brands I have to look out for (Fender and Gibson in the early days), the rest did all the music magazines which I just bought for info on guitars and basses. Now 24 years later, I got the guitars I wanted back then (Fender Strat, Hamer Califonian, Hamer Steve Stevens, a Firebird shaped guitar - which is a Hamer too, Gibson RD Artist), and they still do it for me, that makes me think that I knew early on what I wanted.

Heard Rich Robinsons short-lived band, Hookah Brown. Months-long search eventually netted me a Harry Joyce amp.

Heard Jimy Pages HTWWW playing on Heartbreaker, and a few amps later am still not there. Metal Panel era, baby.

Saw Keef on video, so I bought myself a Reissue 72 Tele Custom, and another tele that I pulled the low "E" string off, tuned down to open-G, and I've never been the same.......

In 1977 a friend of my sister's gave me a complete collection of Ventures albums

Bout a used Jazzmaster (63) and a Princeton Reverb

I still have the albums!!! Traded to Jazzmaster for a 69 Strat... Traded the Strat for A Ric 360... etc... A friend of mine still has the Princeton!

Uncle Rick = Hamer Standard (and Hamers generally)

Mick Taylor = Ampeg V2

Keith Richards = Les Paul Custom

Allison (I think) of the Donnas was the thing that put me over the top in buying an SG special. Her live tone was great through current-production Marshalls.

Saw Lassie on tv in 1965 and talked my mom into getting a dog.

Saw Slade and Alice Cooper in 1971 and got high heel shoes and put on some zombie make-up.

Fell in love with Keef and the Stones in 1969 and knew I had to get a Tele (got a brand new Tele Custom in 1972)

Archived