bubs_42 Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 If you sell it, you got to just tell us what you want and give the HFC boys a shot. You may regret selling it and want it back. Just my 2 cents.
bbobb24 Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 Why look farther than the HFC, we gotcha covered. Respectfully, yes, of course. *ding* goes the bell again for Bob Bachman But, we all know we're cheaper on the board. Just the way of the world. Smiles, everyone! _____ Let's keep them bells ringing my friend!! I was just trying to stimulate the economy a little!!!
Guest pirateflynn Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 It does look great in Natural, too. A top refin would take in down several notches on the bling meter and only cost about $400. Yeah, what color is the back .. blue or black?
atquinn Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 ... Respectfully, yes, of course. *ding* goes the bell again for Bob Bachman But, we all know we're cheaper on the board. Just the way of the world. ... I don't really agree with that in general, but specifically in the case of this guitar, I don't know that a general guitar-buyer who wasn't into Hamers would be willing to spend more for the ultimate package than someone on the board. This is based on the Artists Ultimates that I see lingering on eBay from time-to-time. Either way, if I was selling it, I'd post it here and on The Gear Page and then go to eBay after a couple weeks if there was no action and start a no-reserve auction with a low starting price. But that was only if I needed to sell it. -Austin
cmatthes Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 Yeah, what color is the back .. blue or black?Mick Ronson/Billy Duffy style?
MCChris Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 A SuperPro with a natural top and black back and sides would be my custom order, if I were of the mind and financial position to place one.
elduave Posted June 18, 2009 Author Posted June 18, 2009 Back is Blue, and yes Austin, I see your point. I was careless in that post about the "cheaper" vibe on the board. There are many cases where that doesn't apply. I apologize and retract.I should probably just sand the damn thing down, although I'm told I might end up with a cloudy blue.
atquinn Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 Back is Blue, and yes Austin, I see your point. I was careless in that post about the "cheaper" vibe on the board. There are many cases where that doesn't apply. I apologize and retract. I should probably just sand the damn thing down, although I'm told I might end up with a cloudy blue. No need to apologize to me! As far as sanding goes, I though Hamer floated the color on top of a couple layers of clear coats? Shouldn't that make it relatively easy to sand down? -Austin
cmatthes Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 I'd be more concerned about altering the top contours in a sand down. Just be careful there and you'd be alright.Since it isn't a stained finish (like a PRS), Austin is probably right that it will have a couple coats of clear under the Indigo and you should be okay. You could even spray on/build up some matte finish nitro clear on top and wetsand your way through the MicroMesh series.Personally, I think it's perfect as-is, but if you didn't want to go so drastic with it, you could always do an fine sand to knock the gloss down somewhat. That could be wet-sanded and polished back to a shine if you ever wanted to go back (or hated the matte look).
bubs_42 Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 All this sanding talk has gotten me in a tizzy.. Just try to sell it and order what you want. If that fails sand away. Thats just an awsome guitar the way it is. I love you but I think you're nuts. This thread should have ended here... Sanding, I think i'm going to faint.
crabby Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 I think I'm gonna throw-up with all this talk of "sanding down" the top on what to me is without a doubt the BEST lookin' Hamer I've ever seen. Of course I do LOVE trans BLUE and QUILTED Maple.... I'll have to try NOT looking at this thread IF this ends up happening.
elduave Posted June 18, 2009 Author Posted June 18, 2009 Did you guys know I'm parting out a rare Iceman too?
Siaip Ciuvas Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 will you chop it into pieces instead of sanding?
cmatthes Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 Did you guys know I'm parting out a rare Iceman too? Don't even ask him what he's done to the Zandard of his...
bubs_42 Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 Did you guys know I'm parting out a rare Iceman too? Don't even ask him what he's done to the Zandard of his... You S.O.A.B.!
sw686blue Posted June 19, 2009 Posted June 19, 2009 How much do you want for it, Dave? Why risk the chance of seriously fucking it up.
bubs_42 Posted June 19, 2009 Posted June 19, 2009 How much do you want for it, Dave? Why risk the chance of seriously fucking it up.Ya, seriously thats such an awsome guitar.
elduave Posted June 19, 2009 Author Posted June 19, 2009 How much do you want for it, Dave? Why risk the chance of seriously fucking it up.Ya, seriously thats such an awsome guitar.Asking $2K.
cmatthes Posted June 19, 2009 Posted June 19, 2009 I'd be curious to know what the LIST price would be on that guitar right now...Easily over $6k.
atquinn Posted June 19, 2009 Posted June 19, 2009 How much do you want for it, Dave? Why risk the chance of seriously fucking it up.Ya, seriously thats such an awsome guitar.Asking $2K.That's a great price for that guitar.-Austin
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.