Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hey Eightyfour-

I have a G&L Legacy that I bought predominantly because of its substantial and great feeling neck. Its a four bolt model, late 90's, gun oil tint finish maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. three color sunburst with a mint pickguard. Pickups are Bill Lawrence L280's, which are technically stacked hums but are really a single coil in appearance and tone. Standard Dual Fulcrum tremelo with original arm. Very clean but not quite mint, very solid axe, stock G&L case. Let me know if you'd like more details.

Jamie

Mike,

I should have known to check in with my dealer first.  What are the spec's on that sunburst?  Also, do you still have the Nash?

The Nash is gone. Sorry.

As for this bad boy:

It's a W/D body, Kinman pickups, Schecter neck (21 frets/skunk stripe).

The neck has a very flat radius, large frets and a brass nut.

It has a V profile, but it might be on the small side for you.

DSCN6628a.jpg

ya know... we have Warmoth and USA Custom in our back yards.... pick the parts you want and I'll help you get the thing together.... I do know a bit bout them 'lectronik gee-tars.

Or Nash? Don Grosh? both here W. WA.

I lied ... Grosh is in SoCal

You know, I was thinking about the parts guitar thing. Perhaps it's project time? I'm fairly sure that I could handle quite a bit of the bonehead assembly work, but aligning the neck/body/bridge, and the electronic wiring are things I'd love to learn, but would prefer to farm out to the experts. Is this in your field of comfort?

Most of it... yea... the nice thing is Warmoth will pre drill most of critical stuff... IF you know what you are installing hardware wise...

electronics is a non-issue

Oh and we could probably gut a Wah and stick it in there too..... ha ha ha

I have an antique white alder 57 RI Strat with a USA Custom neck ('54 carve, beefy and nice!) with Brazilian board, 6105 frets, Sperzels, and Suhr V60 LP pickups. Aged pickguard and plastics by Acme Guitarworks. Body has a few dings, the guitar looks like a mid 60s Strat...

Plays and sounds great, I just never play my single coil guitars (other one's a T51). No pics but I can take some if you're interested...

I have an antique white alder 57 RI Strat with a USA Custom neck ('54 carve, beefy and nice!) with Brazilian board, 6105 frets, Sperzels, and Suhr V60 LP pickups. Aged pickguard and plastics by Acme Guitarworks. Body has a few dings, the guitar looks like a mid 60s Strat...

Plays and sounds great, I just never play my single coil guitars (other one's a T51). No pics but I can take some if you're interested...

Bobbymack,

E-mail me pix & price at sifakis AT ca DOT ibm DOT com.

Thanks.

Nick

If you can get over the factory bridge humbucker (SD JB), I have a USA strat I could sell.

Sharp as a tack there Dave-O. No, think I'm gonna pass on the humbucker strat, but thanks anyway.

LOL.... Ya know they do sell pickguards that would cover the humbucker route.... Besides, they're probably all bathtub routes anyway.

If you can get over the factory bridge humbucker (SD JB), I have a USA strat I could sell.

Sharp as a tack there Dave-O. No, think I'm gonna pass on the humbucker strat, but thanks anyway.

LOL.... Ya know they do sell pickguards that would cover the humbucker route.... Besides, they're probably all bathtub routes anyway.

There's also one or two out there with good old run of the mill strat assemblies that free me up from having to swap out pickguards. Of course I may be wrong, after all a stock strat is a pretty popular item.

You're the genius in the company meetings that's always suggesting we spend more money, use more resources and bring in more experts to solve a problem aren't you?

Archived