Jake8773 Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 Sold pending paypent.... This is one cool Piece. Comes with original HSC and all the ppwk and case candy. This is one of the finest made and best sounding Vs I have ever owned and it is far and away the most talked about. So many folks have asked me if it is a Gibson or a Dean. The most common response I get is "Zemaitis... Never heard of it". Well this guitar is handmade in Japan (the UK ones sell for 8K+ easy) by Greco which is where they get the "G" designation but the inlaid MOP, solid bridge and electronics are all Zemaitis. Besides this V is superior to any Gibby I have ever owned. The pups are DiMarzio PAFs and they sound excellent in this axe. Action is smooth and easy bordering on too low for some. Raise it up if you like it's a breeze. The neck is very much classic gibson in terms of width but much easier to navigate and the frets are perfect. I would love to sell this guitar before Friday so I am listing it here "cheap". I will place on ebay in a week for $2199 $1740 shipped. These sell for $3500 new without tax and shipping and that is if... you can find one.
cmatthes Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 They make USA Zemaitis guitars?A guitarist in Turdus' band had one (not this model, but the equivalent) a while ago. It is definitely up there in the quality meter.
carfish7 Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 They make USA Zemaitis guitars?Wasn't Tony located across the pond?Hmm, I wonder why I am drawn so strongly to this guitar. Something about that head badge.........
serial Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 Very nice, but Zemaitis guitars were never made in the US. Tony Zemaitis was Lithuanian, but built guitars in England before he died. The new ones are Japanese-made, but of very high quality.
JGale Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 They make USA Zemaitis guitars? Wasn't Tony located across the pond? Hmm, I wonder why I am drawn so strongly to this guitar. Something about that head badge......... I was going to suggest that....
svl Posted August 17, 2011 Posted August 17, 2011 I'm a Zematis buff, love the line and have lusted after an original Tony for decades. Came close to pulling the trigger a few times, but haven't been able to justify (mostly to the wife) spending $20k plus on a guitar.Never really looked at the Grecos, but this has me thinking...
Jake8773 Posted August 17, 2011 Author Posted August 17, 2011 I'm a Zematis buff, love the line and have lusted after an original Tony for decades. Came close to pulling the trigger a few times, but haven't been able to justify (mostly to the wife) spending $20k plus on a guitar.Never really looked at the Grecos, but this has me thinking...I gave always loved the great guitars coming form Japan. I have owned J-Customs and custom shop ESPs and this one is as good as any but has the genuine Zemaitis parts too which makes it even better!
Jake8773 Posted August 17, 2011 Author Posted August 17, 2011 Very nice, but Zemaitis guitars were never made in the US. Tony Zemaitis was Lithuanian, but built guitars in England before he died. The new ones are Japanese-made, but of very high quality.That is correct. I am too used to USA and should have put UK. my bad. In terms of quality, you are correct. I have never owned a custom shop flying V from gibson but I imagine they may be as good as this Zemaitis. The USA "standard" models and the Cusotm shop Deans (Michael Schenker) are nice but this one if much better.Thanks for the correction.
Scottcrud Posted August 17, 2011 Posted August 17, 2011 That's possibly the coolest V I've ever seen.
Jake8773 Posted August 18, 2011 Author Posted August 18, 2011 That's possibly the coolest V I've ever seen. These are awesome playing guitars as well. Here's a little know (he he) guitarist with his Zemaitis V
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.