MARKVECTOR82 Posted March 16, 2005 Posted March 16, 2005 Does anybody out there own a Hamer Diablo?never played one were they any good?
Travis Posted March 16, 2005 Posted March 16, 2005 They were/are excellent guitars. I would rank their quality right up there with the other high end shredders of the era, Jackson/Charvel, Ibanez, ESP, etc. The Diablo was a great no-frills workhorse of a guitar. But man were they ever solid. Plus, with the right pickup combo, they could scream like a beast.
MARKVECTOR82 Posted March 16, 2005 Author Posted March 16, 2005 I never see them on ebay i would love to add one to the family.
Hamer95USA Posted March 16, 2005 Posted March 16, 2005 Hello MARKBECTOR82, I saw your posting about the Hamer USA Diablo guitars. I currently own a '94 Diablo II guitar. It's my #1 workhorse guitar when I go to gigs along with my '90 Hamer USA Chapparal Elite 90 guitar. My guitar has a single coil pickup in the middle as compared to the Diablo which has a pair of humbuckers, which are usually Seymour Duncan '59 and a JB or Dimarzio pickups. After moving away from playing Ibanez guitars, I find my Diablo II guitar to be a joy to play onstage due to the feel of the neck, the sound of the guitar and the cool stock Dimarzio guitar pickups installed.Here is a picture of my guitar:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/Gui...lobodyfront.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/Gui...orge/Pic021.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/Gui...iabloIIrear.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/Gui...orge/Pic020.jpg Guitar George
sw686blue Posted March 16, 2005 Posted March 16, 2005 I used to own a black Diablo before I sold it to hamerboy_. The guitar was equipped with a JB and a 59. I loved the feel and tone of that guitar. In fact, it was my very first Hamer. The neck was smooth as glass. Killer guitar but I hated the Floyd Rose (I don't like floating bridges). Fit and finish was perfect as usual.You can easily pick one up for $350 to $450 depending on condition.Nick
Jem Posted March 16, 2005 Posted March 16, 2005 I never see them on ebay i would love to add one to the family. Errr....have you been asleep matey, there's been lots up over the past few months and most fairly priced (although there still seem to be some at stupid money). I prefer Cali's but there's now't wrong with Diablo's ! Jem
silentman Posted March 16, 2005 Posted March 16, 2005 I have a 93 Diablo. I bought it from a dealer who had custom ordered it for himself. Unfinished neck, maple board, 6100 frets, 59 neck, Blues Sareceno Trembucker. It was my #1 for a long time. I'm not selling her ever. I've even sent the neck to hamer to spec out new guitars using the same carve.
MARKVECTOR82 Posted March 16, 2005 Author Posted March 16, 2005 Ok This is really weird.I just asked yesterday if anybody had played or owned any diablos and that i had not ever seen one let alone played one.Well i walk into guitar center today and theres one hanging there for $700 since i just got a 85 SS on friday i had to pass but any of you long island HFCers in the commack area can see your way clear... jump on it it was really cool someday I'd like to scoop one up.
Nuclear Wessel Posted March 16, 2005 Posted March 16, 2005 At $700, it won't sell fast. I have a Diablo I and II. Both are great guitars. I like slimmer necks and most of the Diablos I've played including my Diablo II have a more hefty neck profile.As Jem mentioned, they're on E-Bay pretty frequently. There have also been a few listed for sale here on the HFC in the last several months. Someone had a cool purple one they were selling. Rare finish. I think AdmiralB sold someone here a salmon blush Diablo. Another rare color.
doody Posted March 16, 2005 Posted March 16, 2005 still kick myself on this one. With OHSC no less.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...7304823746&rd=1
Nuclear Wessel Posted March 16, 2005 Posted March 16, 2005 I saw that one. I wouldn't kick too hard. It makes me leery when sellers post blurry photos of their items.
MARKVECTOR82 Posted March 17, 2005 Author Posted March 17, 2005 Looks the same as the one at GC. It needed TLC,
Guest Mike Lee Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 I have a lefty Diablo that looks just like the one in the ebay ad. Except it's backwards.
frank_c Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 i had one, and sold it due to some underemployment issues. now that things are getting better, i may get another one. they're great guitars.
kurtsstuff Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 I got beat out by $5.00 on that one....and when he stated it was missing the bar....it was "really" missing the bar and the threaded insert for the bar as well...not a big deal but....I had him send me close up's and there was this gaping hole in the trem so...I did'nt bid anymore
Hamer95USA Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 Hey Kurtsstuff, You let that Diablo go because of the tremolo bar/bridge issues? Smart move, I would have done the same thing since the seller is being dishonest about the condition of the guitar. Or else you could have bought it and replaced the bar and the bridge plate. Guitar George
Jem Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 If you buy the original bar from Schaller it comes with the threaded bush anyway and takes about 20 seconds to install !Jem
Guest JackButler Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 ...you said "threaded bush"!!!....huh huh..huh huh....LOL!Diablo's are seriously under rated instruments and extremely flexible in the territory they can cover..as most "shred" guitars are.
kurtsstuff Posted March 17, 2005 Posted March 17, 2005 Oh no....I did'nt pass because of the missing trem arm or bushing...I was bitching because some "low life pond scum sucking sniper" clipped me by $5.00....yes I'm well versed in Stew-Mac....Damn near my bible!!...
Craig Posted March 18, 2005 Posted March 18, 2005 MarkVector - That natural Diablo was there when I bought my Sunburst, I was nice and super light! For around $400-500 it would be a great pickup, but not for $700 in my book. Where on the island are you? I just moved to Baldwin Harbor.
Jem Posted March 18, 2005 Posted March 18, 2005 ...you said "threaded bush"!!!....huh huh..huh huh....LOL!Diablo's are seriously under rated instruments and extremely flexible in the territory they can cover..as most "shred" guitars are. OK Mr Dillard don't you start, i have enough trouble with auntie greg picking me on things without your help Wemmiejemmie Anyway 'threaded bush'....you've got some strange women down Alabama way :angry:
Guest JackButler Posted March 18, 2005 Posted March 18, 2005 Jemmie,You're right....we DO have some strange women down this way...and according to my brother..I put out a scent that draws them in in droves! LOL!
Jem Posted March 18, 2005 Posted March 18, 2005 Kevin, That's scary...i think we smell the same !!! :angry: Jem
Guest JackButler Posted March 18, 2005 Posted March 18, 2005 and yet...for some strange reason....I wouldn't change a thing!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.