Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shredder Pic Request

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, do you go to the 34th fret regularly? I just don't think that my fingers could accurately function that high.

;) Used to... it's not really a regular player anymore. I did some dumb things with the setup, and now I need to get it back to stock and burn it in again. You definitely use the fretboard differently up there, though. Sustain is very limited, and it's not a practical place to try to play chromatic runs for instance... but playing really wide figures (i.e. arpeggios) is facilitated by the tight spacing of frets.

So, do you go to the 34th fret regularly? I just don't think that my fingers could accurately function that high.

My fingers don't function all that accurately anywhere on the neck ;)

-Austin

Darc, That QuiltyVirt is too cool. Probably my fav one so far.

Mark

I need to get it back to stock and burn it in again.

for some reason, Virts are particularly sensitive to not being played...if I don't pick it up for a couple weeks everything feels totally out of whack.

Ha ha very true. It's the prima donna of the guitar world. Very beautiful, attention starved, and inclined to throw a hissy fit if not given sufficient TLC. There's a whole lot of (thin) neck, for one thing, which means frequent neck and bridge height adjustments.

Ha ha very true. It's the prima donna of the guitar world. Very beautiful, attention starved, and inclined to throw a hissy fit if not given sufficient TLC.

thats why I got rid of mine... too needy. ;)

Archived