Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Weight of USA Cali Std???

diablo175

Question

13 answers to this question

That's a silly question.

You do realize that guitars have different weights, even guitars of the same model and especially guitars that have been modded with replacement trem blocks and whatnot.

17 minutes ago, MCChris said:

You do realize that guitars have different weights, even guitars of the same model and especially guitars that have been modded with replacement trem blocks and whatnot.

Yeah, I understand that. A potential buyer for one of mine wanted to know how much it weighed. Pretty sure a general, ball park weight would suffice. 

2 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Yeah, I understand that. A potential buyer for one of mine wanted to know how much it weighed. Pretty sure a general, ball park weight would suffice. 

I would caution you against that because, as we've discussed in other threads, guys who are that particular about weights, neck measurements and the like are IMO lining up an arsenal of things they can use to return your item after they decide they don't like it, become bored with it, or simply wanted to take it for a spin on your dime.

On the other hand, guys who are that particular about weights, neck measurements and the like also rarely buy anything, so yeah, pulling any number out of your ass will probably do the trick. For that approach I'd recommend skewing toward a heavier number, as you're more likely to disqualify him that way.

Tell him confidently, "Between 5 and 15 lbs.".

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

Tell him confidently, "Between 5 and 15 lbs.".

I settled for the truth:  I don't know and I don't have a reliable means of weighing it. Sorry...

Archived