Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Coming in 2024: 'THUNDER OUT OF TEXAS: The Illustrated History of Robin Guitars'

Contract signed last week. Same format as Bakersfield Guitars, The Bass Space, etc. 8 1/2" X 11" softcover, estimated photo count = over 400....but this ain't no coffee table book; it's a history book with color pictures. Target price = $29.95 again but paper prices have gone up, so it may be a bit higher.

My publisher uses American printers.

And A LUTHIER'S LIFE: The Guitar Odyssey of Roger Fritz  has the same format, and it'll be out in about a month. Premier book signing sponsored by the Mobile Arts Council on 20 OCT 23. Another signing at Page & Palette bookstore in Fairhope (Alabama) on 17 NOV. Roger's shop is located in that community, and there's still hippies to be found in Fairhope.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

So cool.  I was recently questioned by a Robin insider about a guitar I own.  Dave Wintz was a great guy.  I met him at the Orlando Vintage Guitar Show in the early nineties.  Can't remember the year.  He had the new "Avalon" model in tow.  It was at the Tupperware Auditorium in Kissimmee.  

• Like 1

It is such a shame this didn't happen before Dave's passing. And I really miss our phone calls and hang outs.

I have pickup clients who were former Robin Guitars endorsers - Steve Blaze of Lillian Axe (NOLA) and Scott Dalhover of Dangerous Toys (Austin). E-mail me if you'd like their contact information for book content.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Bumpage - Looking forward to this book @Willie G. Moseley

The Dusty Hill Collection had a few Robin Basses and I somehow missed the original post.  

Hamerica

2 hours ago, The Shark said:

No, but a good hurricane might tear the roof off that sucker.  

And THAT would be par for the course for the average person with Tupperware.  Lids with no matching containers; containers with no matching lids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1