Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Mystery of the Week.....oh, and no affiliation.

This marble Chap has been hanging around Reverb for a long time.  I inquired about the neck/truss rod and electronics some time ago....no answer.  Not going to bite on non-responsive sellers.....usually.  Not that keen on marble. 

However, not every Hamer fan is as cautious or on Hamer Fan Club, so I am curious why someone hasn't bought it for the $2500 asking price.   I have my reasons but everyone can't be as suspicious.  There have been 4 offers and LOTS of "Watchers".   Anyone here offer "Buy it Now" and got nowhere?

I had similar experience with that flame green Chap some time back.  No response...hit "Buy it Now" and bam....the guy came alive.  According to Reverb staff, ads stay on for infinity if buyer is not answering inquiries or offers or is dead.  They don't clean up their listings apparently.

https://reverb.com/item/69253510-hamer-chaparral-marble-finish-1990?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsvP30I_iggMVVEpHAR3GQgq5EAsYByABEgL4uvD_BwE&utm_campaign=17682351984&utm_content=campaignid%3D17682351984_adgroupid%3D143800496052_productpartitionid%3D1946021698791%3Dmerchantid%3D757815397_productid%3D69253510_keyword%3D_device%3Dc_adposition%3D_matchtype%3D_creative%3D608998621633&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google 

Makes the Cent I bought from here with the same finish seem almost free considering I paid an actual 350 for it (from Matt). Sold it on to a guy in England for pretty much the same price a couple of years later. That finish is not pleasing to the eye is it? :P

Yeah, the marble is a turn off for me, as well.  But my concerns on it was the "wear" on the back of the neck.  Looks like it cracked and was sanded down to hide the issue.  Non response from seller just makes me more suspicious.  That aside, it still is marble.  

First of all, THAT ISN’T A MARBLE FINISH!

The Marble was a Jim O’Connor custom job, and was a fairly expensive upgrade, and is very desirable.  

THAT is the stock “B/W Granite” finish, which was not an upcharge and is only a lukewarm desirability rating.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There‘s a guy doing it in real stone. Zerberus are great guitars. I played one two years ago at the Guitar Summit in Mannheim. They are lighter as one would expect.

https://zerberus-guitars.com/stone.htm

• Like 1