-
Posts
4,530 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by ARM OF HAMER
-
PSA Hamer SC
ARM OF HAMER replied to ARM OF HAMER's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Hamer Guitars was recently acquired by Fender?......................recently stopped production?....................he is a "LITTLE" behind the times. -
PSA Hamer SC
ARM OF HAMER replied to ARM OF HAMER's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Well the perception of course is with the end of Hamer production its worth more now or its going to be worth more at some point.............as you can see just on Ebay that has not quite worked out that way,many of the guitars Willcutt had for sale last year they still have for sale this year with but a few exceptions. Some older 70s Sunbursts have done quite well recently. These newer guitars although absolutely beautiful with top notch build quality are tougher to move along as so many are priced way beyond what the market will bear. Cool guitar though and the top on this guitar reminds me of a Brian Moore MC-1 I owned. -
VERY NICE!http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Hamer-Studio-Custom-Guitar-Seth-Lover-Pickups-/181358568746?pt=Guitar&hash=item2a39d0252a
-
USA Hamers are superb................ the early ones are awesome looking, sounding, and playing guitars. I love the older Hamers but that being said Hamer was building some of its best ever guitars before the shop closed up. USA Hamer guitars everytime.
-
Wife who really wants a guitar sold
ARM OF HAMER replied to Drendino's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Ah.........................I think both of those are "RELICS" -
AHOY! and AYE! AYE! Mate! Send that guitar down the plank so these landlubbers can have a strum on it! Shiver me timbers its a crackin idea! OK OK I went a little "OVERBOARD" with the pirate banter. BTW was there not another Hamer Sunburst that was once owned by "WYLDBIL" on the forum?
-
Hamer Sunburst
ARM OF HAMER replied to ARM OF HAMER's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Good to know Joe and thanks for posting this info...............sure there are others that are interested in the guitar.Guess I was wrong about the finish but from the photos it shows no figure in the top.I would think this would go for $1,200.00 maybe be a little more if I would be guessing.Pretty guitar and it sounds like it has a nice neck profile as well. -
Hamer Sunburst
ARM OF HAMER replied to ARM OF HAMER's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I wondered that same thing about the finish................I see no transparency...............remember this one? finish looks VERY different.Here Is the link to that guitars Ebay auction.http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Hamer-Sunburst-/331110103251?pt=Guitar&hash=item4d17b338d3&nma=true&si=MVU2Vjk8TGQSDmRDWQ0ko8AxMYE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 -
This one does look nice and well within the price range I would think...............least for the moment.................cool guitar.
-
2 "matching" custom USA Hamers continued...
ARM OF HAMER replied to oldskoolrulz's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Beautiful guitars love them and enjoy them! The HB burst looks just like the one in the photo except the top on yours has a more vibrant color and figure..............you sure got lucky with these. -
2 "matching" custom USA Hamers continued...
ARM OF HAMER replied to oldskoolrulz's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Congrats!................Sounds like it was meant for you to have these as he turned out to be so close to you,.amazing guitars! -
PSA:2001 Standard on eBay
ARM OF HAMER replied to Hbom's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Porter is a good guy and a honest seller...............he has ALOT of great guitars! I know people that have purchased guitars from him................packing and shipping are top notch[As are his photos] and EMS to the USA is incredibly quick.I have sold half a dozen guitars to buyers in Canada they were all made in Japan [Yamaha] and Customs sent them right on through w/o any duties or fees attached of any kind. -
SORRY.............................. can't help you mine is all Black. : )
-
Paul Stanley buys 1959 Les Paul
ARM OF HAMER replied to MCChris's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Jay I'd send anything to you that I needed fixed and feel confident it would be done first class..................I have seen your work here on the Hamer forum and when you worked at Jim Harm's place. Gibson is at a loss for your talents for sure, its a big move to go private from corporate but at some point you have to assess your worth and then ...................well there you go..............your obviously doing very well. SOME of the LPF members are pretty cool but there ARE snobs and look down on anyone that does not have the bread for a real burst or some other high dollar Gibby.Paul's Burst looks like a nice one.............with his $$$ I'd have to believe most anything guitar wise is within his reach. Hope he is digging this one. : ) -
Paul Stanley buys 1959 Les Paul
ARM OF HAMER replied to MCChris's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Sure I understood you were just giving the guys at the LPF the jab.................everyone sees something different on the LPF when it comes to a guitar like this to be sure.I'm sorry to say that as a one time[and longtime] Gibson Les Paul devotee a lot of the guitars being made are way overpriced and the quality is so poor............I looked at a $6K Gibson Les Paul the other day with a friend who wants a "GOOD ONE"............ Custom Shop.It had............... binding bleed,bridge misaligned,"Orange Peel" in the finish in the back of the headstock,...........it felt cheap,can't believe this went out the door in Nashville.The Gibson guitars from the "Golden Age" ARE the ones to have but unfortunately they also are way overpriced and out of reach to most regular guitarists.Stanley's got a real one I believe and I'm sure he paid some good $$$ to have it...............something I'll never own thats for certain. -
Paul Stanley buys 1959 Les Paul
ARM OF HAMER replied to MCChris's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I'm on "The Les Paul Forum" and we have been discussing it..................some of the people ARE speculating as to what it is based on this or that from photos....................the folks at GM said it was a real 59 that was in need of restoration. Hard to believe they would be involved in a misrepresentation/scam of such a guitar with Paul Stanley["Hey Paul went on the net and said he had a real 59 "Burst" when really its R9.....why would he do that and look like a fool? just saying],wouldn't be good for either of their reps one would not think.They [GM] say its a refin of a real 59 not a conversion Lp or a 'Historic Makeover" type of thing.I would think if Paul plunked down the BIG $$$$ for this guitar he had some experts look it over very carefully before he did so. -
Paul Stanley buys 1959 Les Paul
ARM OF HAMER replied to MCChris's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
UPDATE: More info that 1959 Les Paul Sunburst Paul Stanley of KISS just bought.........it is IS "REAL".................but it has been restored..............check it out, these are the people that did the work ithttp://gmvintagerestorations.com/examples-g.html .............2'd guitar shown "THE DUTCHESS"..........................THINK HE LOOKS SATISFIED? -
Paul Stanley buys 1959 Les Paul
ARM OF HAMER replied to MCChris's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
According to "Celebrity Net Worth" Paul Stanley is currently worth 126 Million[so he can certainly afford the "BURST"].................Gene Simmons on the other hand is shown to be worth..............are you ready???????????? 300 Million! -
Paul Stanley buys 1959 Les Paul
ARM OF HAMER replied to MCChris's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
He can afford it....................I really liked the one he owned that was on the cover of "The Beauty Of The Burst". -
This one............ 1978 Gibson L-5S.........MAGICAL!
-
PSA: '78 B&C Sunburst
ARM OF HAMER replied to carfish7's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Brent didn't you just get this................this is yours correct? selling it? WHY?............... If I might ask.http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Hamer-Sunburst-USA-Vintage-Guitar-/380723756489?pt=Guitar&hash=item58a4e77dc9 -
PSA: '78 B&C Sunburst
ARM OF HAMER replied to carfish7's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Yeah that was gone while ago I called on it also................Brent's got the price right............. $2,500.00............. close like in horseshoes for me but its not BLACK and B&C otherwise it had all the right stuff. WAIT sure I see your earlier post from today now................. Good Luck! -
I thought the early chapters on how Hamer Guitars all got started was fascinating..............how all the guys got together from playing music to collecting guitars to building guitars............... the book goes into a lot of detail.[And the Photos are top notch!]This is the best guitar book I believe I have had the pleasure of reading.Steve and all the people that put this book together really knocked it out of the park! Hope there is a followup!
-
I got my History Of Hamer Guitars Book today in the mail and...............Its Is GREAT! Superb job all around! It IS the Ultimate!