-
Posts
11,645 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
76
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by diablo175
-
Yup.
-
Wow.... that's awful. Woof. That's really unappealing and I'm renown for my bad taste in guitar finishes.
-
Machine or not- he's only one and that's a lotta guitars. I'll be putting in for my custom order Standard, er... Ultimate... soon but won't be expecting it any time within the next 2 years.
-
Anyone near Lancaster/Ephrata PA on the 21st?
diablo175 replied to diablo175's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
No lie- we killed! One of the best feelings in the world to come off a gig where audience is screaming for more. -
Anyone near Lancaster/Ephrata PA on the 21st?
diablo175 replied to diablo175's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Last call. If anyone thinks they might be able to stop by, throw me a heads up you- NEED to be on the guest list as the Amvet seems to be a tad persnickety about last minute un-announced guests. Perhaps I can sweeten the deal- it's highly likely that a certain Vector, recently modded by murkat and painted by Stike, will make it's debut tomorrow night. Oh, yeah and I'll by any HFC brotha or sistah a beer. -
This.
-
Damn, Mike- you ARE talented- building high quality, boutique guitars AND cooking some kick ass stir fry in your wok...
-
Understood and already assumed as much. Had NO intentions of getting my specs to be considered as options in the Ultimate run. It's still major-league excitement on this end. I've been walking around with a boner all morning. Or I was until I read the no boomerangs clarification. <droop>
-
Yeah, I've already gotten "the look" from the wife by the mere mentioning of Mike's start up. Her next response was, "You're not thinking of getting another custom are you?" Not so much a question, as a directive. You'd BETTER not be getting another custom!" Ah well, she and I have plenty of years to resolve my lapse in judgment and find forgiveness. I sense a 25.5" scale Ultimate (Standard) will be ordered soon.
-
NGD- a bit belated, but it's 2 USA Standards!!!!!!
diablo175 replied to psc3251's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
WOW! Both are drop dead gorgeous! Congrats. I am envious! -
Yup. If you had paid any lower, someone would've had to call the police to report a theft. Excellent deal and sweet rawk machine. My fave Diablo came in at around the $400 mark, though it was not nearly as nice as yours and had the passive SD p'ups replaced with EMGs. I've since put SD Blackouts in and and added a toggle switch (shocker, I know) and it's my go-to guit when I'm practicing new tunes, techniques or just jamming along with iTunes. You just can't beat it for the money.
-
Happy Birthday Mr. Stikeleather
diablo175 replied to LefThanDed's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Hopefully, Chris' is after my Vector. -
Happy Birthday Mr. Stikeleather
diablo175 replied to LefThanDed's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
HBD Stike! Hope it's a good one! -
Anyone near Lancaster/Ephrata PA on the 21st?
diablo175 replied to diablo175's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Just in case the message wasn't clear... -
My band is playing on June 21st at the Amvet in Ephrata and I'd like to invite any HFC-ers in the region to stop on out and watch some Hamers get abused. Actually, we have always gotten a good reaction at the Amvet and the vibe is great, which in turn spurs us on to leave it all on the stage. The food is pretty good and the beer is cold and cheap. If you're interested, let me know by Friday the 20th so I can get you on the guest list. Amvet is a private org./club and as such, requires all non-member guests to be registered at the door before entrance. First round is on me!
-
Conquering Dystopia- Tethys Have to be in the right mood to listen to this style of music anymore but I was impressed with Jeff Loomis' playing. Also appreciated the shift from balls-out technical shred to some subtler, moody stuff.
-
The infamous pinch harmonics -any great moments?
diablo175 replied to zorrow's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
No doubt. But love or hate these two (I've noted a bit of dislike for Vai on here) Vai and Satch IMO wield pinch harmonics as well as any of those already mentioned. Both have seamlessly incorporated them into their playing as an effective, expressive tool and not just a gimmick, or a crutch as in the case of Zakk. -
The infamous pinch harmonics -any great moments?
diablo175 replied to zorrow's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Cannot believe no one's posted this guy: Or this guy: -
Tell us how you broke your neck
diablo175 replied to Ting Ho Dung's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Haven't ... yet. (knock on wood...) -
CL stuff
diablo175 replied to Montelovesco's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
UH OH. Dude, that sucks! Looks like they tried to repair it with a small chainsaw... -
+1 I've got a custom Jackson been waiting on for 2 + years due in June and my Vector should be wrapped up by Stike around the same time. and yet...
-
Does Anybody Live Near Chesterfield, VA?
diablo175 replied to Jackass's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Drive thru that county every time I go to Myrtle Beach SC and/or Z-Hills FL. The next time I drive thru there on the way to either of those places, I'll stop by to see coolfeel- I owe him a couple of rounds of some good bourbon. -
Final New Hartford Hamer Standard has arrived!
diablo175 replied to David B's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
+1 on both accounts. -
Last update from New Hartford
diablo175 replied to Northfield's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I share your sentiment, Disturber. However, it's been pointed out that FMIC isn't wholly to blame. Sure, it's easy to pin this mess entirely on them because they had to make the calls and issue the pink slips but IIRC, Hamer was a wounded and/or dying enterprise before FMIC took over. It's just beyond unfortunate that such mismanagement or questionable decision making results in the termination of the skilled luthiers and craftsmen working there. Who loses for this? Certainly the guys at New Hartford whose livelihoods and lives have been thrown into a giant chipper and the rest of us who will no longer be able to acquire their artistry under the Hamer name. -
Last update from New Hartford
diablo175 replied to Northfield's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Serial makes a good point- the name on the head stock is irrelevant. It is/was the craftsmanship and magic you guys infused those guitars with. Wishing you guys all the best and hope to see your work again soon!