-
Posts
11,645 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
76
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by diablo175
-
The 25 Greatest Wah Solos of All Time
diablo175 replied to MCChris's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
As much as Randy Rhoads tone is much reviled, IMO it works rather well with the tasty application of wah in You Can't Kill Rock n Roll- Check out his use at 3:12 and again on the outro at 5:44 -
Ironic or coincidental? My 2013 post here listed a bengal DK1 which I sold a few months back. And it's been replaced with an even better (IMO) bolt on shredder- an 89 Cali LE with Stike painted bengal graphic. Life is strange but in a good way.
-
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
diablo175 replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Velorush says it best. -
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
diablo175 replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Actually, he just turned 12 in August - can't comment on his maturity level vs. Diablo's, but I have not seen my son in snakeskin tights... Sheeesh. You put on tights as part of a Halloween costume one lousy time and you're labeled for life. ETA- it's difficult to tell but the party's theme was 80's hair metal zombies. Photo doesn't show the ghastly makeup, the scars and torn flesh that also accompanied the wig and tights. I still had a blast and more middle aged women grabbing my butt than during my entire duration as an actual musician in the 80's. -
Oof. Like the tune overall but the solo left me cold. Missed the spark and fire Jake usually brought to his leads. Kinda like: these old fingers and brain just don't move at the pace anymore...
-
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
diablo175 replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Alas we can't all be as refined and sophisticated as maestro Feynman. -
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
diablo175 replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
In all seriousness, my son's favorite Hamer - ever! When you had the pic of that as your signature he made me scroll back every time he passed by the desk. I commend you on having raised a son of such fine character and taste. -
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
diablo175 replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Late entry. -
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
diablo175 replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Oooohhhh. Lookin' at my next custom order, right THERE! -
More well-attended gigs for my band and a few scuba diving and skydiving vacation getaways.
-
Armitage- they're passives. As Cynic noted, Gibby has a different way of running the ground wire- instead sending it to the claw arm, they send it to one of the bushing on the Floyd bridge. I pulled one of the posts and looked down the (rabbit) hole and sure enough, there was a wire all the way at the bottom and presumably it was the same wire that came out of the p'up lead rout and soldered to the one pot. I gently pushed it to ensure it was making contact with the bushing and then put the Axcess back together and tried it- NO luck. Still humming/buzzing rather loudly. But only at higher (gig/live rehearsal volume levels). I'm stumped.
-
Probably not.
-
Hmm. I pulled the stock MIK POS Floyd outta that a year ago and replaced it with a genuine OFR but I don't recall any ground wire at that time nor did I see any ground running from the pot to that area. I'll pull the post out and look again.
-
Here's a question for those with a solid working knowledge of guitar electronics- My Gibby LP Axcess w/ Floyd Rose thas been humming excessively lately. Started to do this last year during a show. I've since dug into it and even had a pro take a look, trying to uncover the reason. He claimed he found nothing and couldn't get it to hum and feed back as I did on my rig. I ended up tweaking a few levels on my FX unit and that seemed to to do the trick... for a while. Now it's back to humming and I swear it's a ground issue. So, I took the back off the control cavity and the trem cavity and there's no f-ing ground wire going to the trem spring claw. Is it safe to assume that this is what's at issue? Can't still figure out why it took several years before it started to hum like this. Thoughts?
-
Never any bugs (to the naked eye anyway) detected but I lent one of my guitars to a friend whose white long-haired cat decided the case was a cozy little bed. F*ckin' vacuuming out white cat hair for DAYS. Some of that hair's still there to this day.
-
I did until I arrived at a select few that just do it for me. Customs in the bridge, Hot Rails in the neck (on Calis) '59's on HB-equipped neck positions. For actives, it's back to emg 81/85's (or in the case of the Cali that has actives, 81/SA.) There are a couple odd balls that are just that way because I like the variety: My '76 Strat has an SD Distortion and two stock Fender SC's. My Green Meanie Diablo has active Blackouts that work real well with the practice amp I run it thru. My rare-ish Diablo w/ boomers has a red SD Distortion and '59. My Midnight Marauder setneck Cali has a JB and a Hot Rails and lastly, the Vector has an SD Custom and a Dimarzio PAF.
-
More on V-picks, this time unbuffed!
diablo175 replied to zorrow's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Great idea. I've been drawing a mark on them with metallic permanent marker. It wears off after while but it's helps to find 'em up until that point. -
More on V-picks, this time unbuffed!
diablo175 replied to zorrow's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
+1 Spent close to an hour, to date, looking for dropped V-Picks. The good news is I rarely drop 'em. -
More on V-picks, this time unbuffed!
diablo175 replied to zorrow's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Total V Pick convert here! The V-Pick Lite Small is perfect for my needs and a welcome change from the Jazz III's that almost everyone was using for while.