-
Posts
5,746 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
60
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by The Shark
-
Hendrick Generator.....Kurt's Back!
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I'll take it under advisement, but I don't think you'll live that long. Or I won't... -
Hendrick Generator.....Kurt's Back!
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
It's so good. So, hit me up on the bucker. I don't even have the Generator yet, but I know I want to change the pickup!😎 -
Hendrick Generator.....Kurt's Back!
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I remember it well. I think that one was a Kalamazoo model. -
Hendrick Generator.....Kurt's Back!
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Well, you better wind two. I'm a big fan of the Gregbucker design. If you and he have tweaked it a bit, all the better! I love the P-90 you wound for my SG Junior that Greg restored. It's really incredible. Played it tonight as a matter of fact. This one... -
Hendrick Generator.....Kurt's Back!
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Mine was a black one made in the Kalamazoo factory. I never saw it on Gil's site or anywhere else. Poof! -
Some of you may remember the Hendrick Generator and other models Kurt made back in the eighties and early nineties. Some were made in the Kalamazoo factory by the Heritage guys. I had one back then, but Gil Southworth wanted it more than I did. So, Greg Platzer dropped pics of his new one and I searched around. Low and behold, Kurt had the other prototype he built on Reverb. Gonna' be cool, when it arrives.
- 27 replies
-
- 18
-
-
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I had one. Not on a par with my Japanese Artisans or anything USA... -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
A steal... -
Some people know cool...
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
The Shark replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I was at Stetson University in DeLand Florida back in the early nineties for my second bachelor's. The Linn Business Center had a basement. One of the professors had a government grant in conjunction with Bose Audio. All he did was work on sub-woofer designs. His "lab" was right below the computer lab. I can remember being there late hours and my chair reverberating, but no sound. Met the guy one night. He told me that I'd see a day where a small box hidden in the corner of the room would replace my Polk Audio state of the art speakers. He was right. He also told me that there wouldn't be any need for CD's. -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I remember Dave saying, “you know Mike”? I had just bought the first Kizanski model. Dave was the genuine article. So humble. -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
And when it arrives, we’ll be back at the beginning.😎 -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Gustavsson was first. Ian worked at Taylor and Lentz before he struck out on his own. The Speedsters (I think there are four or five) were his first foray. Then, I think he jumped on the Gustavsson train (Tele/Paul). My Standard was $3,600 and Johan was asking about 10K. No brainer for me. And I have a Gustavsson. No better than Ian's work. Ian's just a terrible businessman and, frankly, dishonest. I have three sets of his pickups, as well as the two guitars. He still owes me a set of pickups that he promised me about eight years ago because of some finish flaws on the Flying V. Not holding my breath. Now, I'm smitten with Bare Knuckle Black Dogs. Best PAF's I've tried. Ian's are good though. -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
-
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I paid him $3,200 for it about a week after I received my Standard from him. Then, tick tock... -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
-
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
The suspense is almost killing me... -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I had a sunburst one back in the early nineties. I think I paid $900 and sold it for about a grand to Jimmy Wallace. It was so funky, it was cool. A little on the weighty side. -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Off to someone that will play it and enjoy it. Thanks, Joe! -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Mine has never even had the strap button drilled. Dave Wintz told me I could decide after Greg got it. I forgot to mention it and it's still not decided! Frankly, I'd sell mine for 5K. There ain't going to be no more. -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
That's Kashola... -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs