-
Posts
5,746 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
60
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by The Shark
-
Fantastic! For me, the real fun begins when we start seeing "colors". Being further down in line, I might be contacting Mike to ask for something other than blonde...you never know.
-
Because unlike some other builders/manufacturers who use outdated, inferior methods because it's their heritage, Mike (like Hamer) do it correctly to all but preclude warping and twisting. A rare response worthy of a rim shot!
-
He's just warming up. This we know!
-
I'm gonna' be needin' some of that Shishkov apparel. A nice one of what Mike's wearing in XL would handle the coldest of winter days here in Florida! But only if somebody else is taking care of it. I don't want to slow Mike down because of garment envy.
-
I was thinkin' that a poker chip in the case would be cool. But what do I know?
-
Don't limit the opportunities availed to you in the future. You are going in with your eyes wide open, if you decide to write. I happen to think you'll count yourself lucky for not purchasing the paper. And a valuable lesson was learned. Never tell anyone about your future plans in business, unless you need them to invest. I am sorry you feel betrayed by the "City Manager". I'm always baffled at how people that have nothing to gain are often the catalyst for this kind of back stabbing behavior.
-
This gets .011s when it arrives tomorrow...24.5" scale is the reason.
-
My Sunbursts... Bad Bart...restored by Murkat. A treasure... Then Jay recommended the best guitar available. Bubs delivered...
-
I've been a political columnist in my "hometown paper" for over a decade. It's a bi-weekly periodical that's been around for over five decades in one form or another. I've been in an advisory capacity for ten years. Frankly, they use industry specific analysts and run their recommendations past me for feedback. It's a tough business. I'd be very careful. Advertising income is much more important than circulation. Free periodicals are some of the most profitable in the industry. A business valuation is important, but very expensive if you really want a professional "opinion" as to ongoing concern. A break-even business after three years is not an opportunity. It's a failure. Frankly, restaurants and periodicals require less staff than is needed and more time and money from the owners than any other business, if long-term success is the primary goal. Don't do it. Professionally speaking of course.
-
I've been looking at one of these for a long time. They are so cool.
-
This one lately... until this one shows up...
-
Major purchase on the horizon. I'm going to sell some real gems. The first is my 2006 Robin Avalon flattop flametop. Ernie Santella can tell you it's killer. I think it's the only one Dave Wintz ever made. Guitar's neck is a little wider. Not thick. Not thin. Very comfortable. Under eight pounds. Coil taps yield very usable sounds. One knob has a visible crack, but is structurally sound. Case logo is peeling away. Guitar is sold.
-
Surely, you jest! Brunette's in the "neck and bridge". Farrah in the middle. It seems intuitive!
-
Fantastic analysis. What excites me most is the attention paid to the middle position. When both pickups are right, the middle postion is (in my mind) the most dynamic and expressive. My experience is that a warm vintage style neck pickup with just enough sparkle is best matched with a darker and slightly more powerful bridge pickup. I don't need no chickin' pickin' sound from my humbuckers. That's what Strats and Teles are for!