-
Posts
5,746 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
60
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by The Shark
-
New Robin Guitars as good as the old ones?
The Shark replied to Jakeboy's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Okay, so I'm an asshole. I requested a quote from Robin Guitars for the same guitar I have. It's a Koa Exotic top Ranger. I think mine is the best one I've ever seen. They want $3,800. I'll sell this one for $4,000. It's built by Dave. Sourced through Greg Platzer. Excellent to near mint. No waiting. -
Talladegas anyone?
The Shark replied to django49's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I'd buy the humbucker one, but keeping them together as a set because the previous owner wanted them to never be separated is stupid. I have cash. And I pay too much for stuff on a regular basis. I thought about finding someone to buy the other one from me, but that's just too much BS for one guitar and I don't want to lie to the guy. I'm out, if I was ever really in. -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Progress... -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
That's cool. I found Ahmed on Reverb. He posts pics of previous work as for sale items and then custom builds whatever you want for the price. The same way I met Paolo Sulcuni in Italy that built my Korina Vee and Explorer and, subsequently a Les Paul style. My bass player is already in touch with Ahmed to build a matching bass. -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Yes.. -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Progress... -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Well, I'm in no rush. It's not like I don't have another guitar to play until it arrives! -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I wouldn't hold out hope!😇 -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Good question! Indonesia is under a 19% tariff. So, the builder says that he disassembles the entire guitar and ships in a couple boxes. He lists the value at a reduced rate, but I'll still have to pay "duty" on the shipment I'd guess. I think I'll be in the guitar for less than $1,600, when all is said and done. -
A guy in Indonesia that builds cellos and violins as well as cool guitars is building me this... The top and back laminate. A finished product. Mine will have a tuna-matic and Carondolet Greg Wind pickups.
- 39 replies
-
- 17
-
-
-
-
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
This popped up on The Gear Page... FS - 1996 Robin Avalon | The Gear Page -
Valeriy Vaschenko LV Model "Tele-Paul" with a one piece beautiful Honduras Mahogany body and neck finished in a beautiful "TV" see through finish. The back and neck are "Gibby" cherry. Neck has a slight "V to C" shape and has a scarf joint for stability along with a long tenon. Rosewood board is Indian. All hide glue assembly. Inlays are ivory. Bone nut. Jescar stainless steel frets (plays great with .010 to .046). Finish is nitro lacquer. Schaller tuners, Graphtech bridge, 1" long DMC Vintage '59 bushings, and a switchkraft jack. Cloth wiring and braided shielding. CTS pots with Soviet .022u and .047u caps. Pickups are 8Bomb HB-1 Paf's (A2 and A4). Weight is just shy of 8lbs. Comes with a gig-bag. Guitar is slightly reliced. Everything about this build is pro. Rings loudly acoustically and looks killer. NEW PRICE is $2,400 shipped in the lower 48. This is a steal. This build is almost 5K now. Let me know, if you have any questions.
-
I remember the horror on Catie Couric's face on the Today Show when Danny told her he could remember hearing music in his crib. It was priceless. She had no idea she was in the presence of greatness.
-
Bought this Suhr. One piece Korina neck and one piece Korina body. Should be here by Friday. Don't know how I missed these, but I've never owned a Suhr.
- 28 replies
-
- 21
-
-
-
One of the most difficult things in dealing with cancer is the mental wear and tear it puts on your psyche. It's hard to remain positive, when the medical types are telling you that the percentages are not in your favor. I've had friends that beat Stage 3 and Stage 4 cancers, but none of them didn't "give up" at one point or another. I hope everyone's responses help him with his fight. I pray for healing and peace. Sorry. I know. No religion. Fuck that. I'm praying for him...
- 93 replies
-
- 10
-
-
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Maybe! -
I listen to this album about three or four times during tax season each year...
-
Standard Case
The Shark replied to Hbom's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
It's just a case, so I won't... -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Great catch! -
I like the remix...