-
Posts
5,743 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
60
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by The Shark
-
I'll be exhibiting at the Orlando Guitar Expo this year. I figure it can't hurt to post what will be on the block at the show, in case anybody here would like first dibs. I'm just posting one pic, a little description and the price on each. I can always talk and get pics to anyone interested. 2005 Hamer Triple Threat - Sold to Dr. Bear
-
I'm Exhibiting at the Orlando Guitar Expo this year!
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Cool. You know I love your pickups! -
Just a head's up to you Florida Hamer fanatics. I'll be exhibiting about 15 to 20 guitars at the Orlando Show this year. Booth will be "DR's Guitars". My bass player will also be bringing some cool stuff. Stop by and introduce yourself. It would be nice to have more than one Hamer Forum member that I've met in person (Thorn)!!! I'll be posting pics of the guitars in the For Sale Section at some point, in case any of you guys are interested before the show. Only two or three will be Hamers though. Oh, boy!
-
PSA: 1991 Hamer USA Vintage S
The Shark replied to Saul Goodman's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Yup. And heavy as hell in almost every case. -
A Hamer...
- 35 replies
-
- 12
-
-
- 35 replies
-
- 10
-
-
Here we go...
- 35 replies
-
- 13
-
-
Truer words...
-
"If I knew then what I know now...."
The Shark replied to Willie G. Moseley's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Kizanski to the service desk! -
"If I knew then what I know now...."
The Shark replied to Willie G. Moseley's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
My buddy Tony Meier found an early sixties "Smeck". It was blonde and flamey. I remember thinking it was a "dressed up pig". A buddy in Lakeland owns it now. It's just the coolest guitar. I offered him two grand and he said I'd have to buy it at his estate sale. The first Atlanta Guitar and String Expo was so much fun. I had Gil Southworth across the aisle from me. He was next to some "retail" store with a triple-wide booth. They had keys and drum machines. And their booth was so loud and obnoxious, Gil took matters into his own hands. I've told this story many times. I saw Gil become frustrated with the constant noise from the keys, drum machines and guitar amps being played by the locals buying nothing. He picked up a 1958 Korina Flying V that he was displaying. He was straight as an arrow. He walked the guitar to the bar. He flipped it over and the bartender put four cocktail napkins on the wings. Two on each side. Then, she poured four drinks and placed them on the guitar. Gil seemed to stagger around coming down the aisle. He tripped and spilled all four drinks into the keyboards in the booth next to his. The Flying V was never in danger. He smiled at me and Tony. The "salesman" from the store (I think Atlanta Discount Music or something like that) came running. Gil smiled and walked away. It was great. Many of us commented to the sales guy that he needed to limit the demo time for the people and turn everything down. That show was large and really cool. The jam session at Harlow's featured Tinsley Ellis. His band was the Heart Fixers. I got up and played with Barry Richman. His band was the Visitors. He smoked me. Good times. -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
The new Robin book says that there were ten with double crowns. I, actually, have five. Got this from a drum store in Texas. Supposedly a consignment. It's in the book. Buy the book. It's cool. And Willie G. is forum member, if you didn't know. -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I have a set of underwound Rolph PAF's that I thought might sound good, but the luthier in Indonesia said he thinks I'll like the pickups in it. He says they are "PTP". I think that's Planet Tone Pickups. We'll see. Err.....we'll hear. -
WTB - Hamer Standard Flametop
The Shark replied to HamerHokie's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
You'll always have plausible deniability. Tell 'em that's just how your fingers move, when you play certain chords. Especially "F" chords! -
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
If anyone needs one of the "Ten", let me know. I've since cleaned up the nickel parts... -
WTB - Hamer Standard Flametop
The Shark replied to HamerHokie's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I have been accused of flipping off people in the crowd, when playing A string barre chords. It's always funny. I tell them, "I don't know you well enough to flip you off"! -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Now, my friends are mocking me. It's my turn. -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
He promised me five weeks. Almost on the nose! -
So, I'm buying a Violin.......sort of.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Now we're talkin'... -
Lonely is the Night....Squier.
-
I'm a sucker for a great Robin guitar.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Damn if it ain't! Those stripes coming off the rhythm pickup give it away. Oh, Boy! -
I'm a sucker for a great Robin guitar.
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
There are 10, according to "the Book". I now own four. An addiction to be sure. Love these guitars.