BadgerDave Posted August 13 Posted August 13 (edited) SOLD I've decided that it's finally time to downsize. Starting with my Les Paul Custom. It's in excellent VOS condition, all original, fully functional and unmolested. Everything it shipped with from the factory is included. I added Dunlop strap butttons and Faber locking bridge posts (original parts are included). Weight: 8.5 lbs, which is unusually light for one of these if that's appealing to you. Not weight relieved. Nice thick '57 profile neck: 0.95" @ 1st fret, 1.06" at 12th. There are some small indentations in the clear coat behind the bridge and on the back of the body. Possibly from a braclet or watch, these are pinprick sized dents some of which look like white dots. Difficult to get a clear photo, but I've added one. Recently sold prices on Reverb range from $4,200 - over $5,000. I'd like to avoid the fees and scam risk associated with Reverb, so I'm asking $3,700 plus $150 shipping. Add 3% for PayPal (or $0 for F&F) Edited Thursday at 11:42 AM by BadgerDave sold 20 Quote
topekatj Posted August 14 Posted August 14 That thing is the bomb’s ass. That is a featherweight for a 1 piece Gibson hog body LPC. IMO there are not enough 50’s style 2 humbucker customs in the world. GLWTS. 4 Quote
hamerican gigolo Posted August 16 Posted August 16 Something about a Black body, cream binding & gold hardware that just typifies elegance. GLWTS 2 Quote
topekatj Posted August 27 Posted August 27 Surprised this hasn’t sold. Hoping to have a $$ windfall 😂Just curious — this instrument's finish seems too nice to have VOS on it , but I don’t know VOS FROM VO5, so I thought I’d ask. Thanks 1 Quote
BadgerDave Posted August 29 Author Posted August 29 The finish is hard to photograph. It's definitely VOS with a light patina of swirl marks and small dents that are visible if you hold it in direct light. It looks nearly new from a few feet away. 1 1 Quote
murkat Posted September 1 Posted September 1 That's a great deal. One piece mahogany body (no maple cap). Chugness galore. 3 1 Quote
gtone Posted September 13 Posted September 13 What's "under the hood" pickup-wise? Enquiring minds must know... 2 Quote
BadgerDave Posted September 15 Author Posted September 15 (edited) On 9/13/2026 at 3:36 PM, gtone said: What's "under the hood" pickup-wise? Enquiring minds must know... I've never removed the pickups on this one. I assume they are factory original but I'll check and respond. Edited September 15 by BadgerDave Quote
gtone Posted September 15 Posted September 15 With all that case candy, you'd think they'd list the build specs/features, no? More self-serving corporate promo than user-friendly material, I guess... Maybe it'd be less bother to contact Gibson and see what they used. Yeah I know they make a gazillion guitars a yr, but you never know. Quote
Dave Scepter Posted September 15 Posted September 15 Man, this guitar is badass!.. I wish it was around when I had money 😒💰 Quote
bubs_42 Posted September 16 Posted September 16 Man, what a guitar. A custom Sub 9lbs, no maple cap, makes me weak in the knees . 1 Quote
gtone Posted September 16 Posted September 16 Seems they could be Classics or Burstbucker 1 & 2's, neither of which would be a deal-breaker for me. What I'm wavering on is the tone of an all hog LP which I have pretty well covered already. It is one sexy beast of a guitar though... Quote
BadgerDave Posted September 16 Author Posted September 16 I've attached a photo of the pickups. 2 Quote
gtone Posted September 16 Posted September 16 My guess is that they're BB1/BB2's with PAF stickers, but I'm no expert. @murkat What say you almighty former Gibson guy? Quote
The Shark Posted September 17 Posted September 17 This is a righteous deal. And the weight is the most appealing aspect of it (to me). Far below "market"... 1 Quote
murkat Posted September 18 Posted September 18 On 9/16/2026 at 7:11 PM, gtone said: My guess is that they're BB1/BB2's with PAF stickers, but I'm no expert. @murkat What say you almighty former Gibson guy? I have one, a 2013. It is glorious. I'll pass it to my fam when i leave. 3 Quote
murkat Posted September 18 Posted September 18 On 9/16/2026 at 7:03 PM, BadgerDave said: I've attached a photo of the pickups. Those are classics. They are spec for 57's 5 Quote
hamerican gigolo Posted September 19 Posted September 19 Are the frets in good shape??? They look to be taller than the " fretless wonders " of the originals... 🤔 Quote
murkat Posted September 20 Posted September 20 On 9/19/2026 at 6:39 AM, hamerican gigolo said: Are the frets in good shape??? They look to be taller than the " fretless wonders " of the originals... 🤔 Gibson spec fret wire. It's in between 6105 to 6100 jescar. Its a healthy size fret. 1 2 Quote
Saul Goodman Posted September 20 Posted September 20 Beautiful guitar. Neck is too fat for my little thumb though. Quote
BadgerDave Posted September 21 Author Posted September 21 On 9/19/2026 at 5:39 AM, hamerican gigolo said: Are the frets in good shape??? They look to be taller than the " fretless wonders " of the originals... 🤔 Frets are in excellent shape, no dents or divots. This is the 1957 Reissue - big neck, big frets. 1 1 Quote
Metlking Posted September 21 Posted September 21 I can't believe this hasn't sold yet! I have the triple pickup version as well as a 54' Staple Custom Reissue. Fantastic guitars! 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.