Saul Goodman Posted Tuesday at 04:52 PM Posted Tuesday at 04:52 PM (edited) One guy in the comments calls him Dave and another calls him Stephen. And pickups for $1,750?? One guy says he's been waiting on his pickups to be delivered for a year and as soon as he made a public comment the guy replied he'd get his pickups in 2 weeks. Anyone in the know (ITK)? ETA: The guy looks IBS Edited Tuesday at 05:02 PM by Saul Goodman Quote
Victor (Fret Friend) Posted Tuesday at 05:02 PM Posted Tuesday at 05:02 PM Is this for real??? This guy is off the spectrums spectrum!!! 5 Quote
alantig Posted Tuesday at 07:05 PM Posted Tuesday at 07:05 PM 2 hours ago, Victor (Fret Friend) said: Is this for real??? This guy is off the spectrums spectrum!!! I thought when you were off the spectrum spectrum it was called "colorblindness". 3 Quote
Dave Scepter Posted Tuesday at 07:22 PM Posted Tuesday at 07:22 PM (edited) His name is Dave Stevens, I kind of feel sorry for him, he's just an old dude trying to drudge through life... 🤷♂️ How to Contact Dave Stephens: SD Pickups, Custom Hand-Wound Pickups by Dave Stephens, Stephens Design https://share.google/61eqtq5bpA4F46IWF Edited Tuesday at 07:23 PM by Dave Scepter 1 Quote
Saul Goodman Posted Tuesday at 08:25 PM Author Posted Tuesday at 08:25 PM 45 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: His name is Dave Stevens, I kind of feel sorry for him, he's just an old dude trying to drudge through life... 🤷♂️ How to Contact Dave Stephens: SD Pickups, Custom Hand-Wound Pickups by Dave Stephens, Stephens Design https://share.google/61eqtq5bpA4F46IWF I wasn't making a fun post or making fun of him. His YouTube channel is, "SDPickups." He's old, I don't know how old Seymour D is now. I looked it up and thought Seymour looks like shit for 75. I watched it twice and couldn't figure out what he was talking about. I read the comments, also confusing because of two different names being used. During the second pass I wondered if it was someone working for Seymour. I did finally find his website which has multiple broken links and then I realized it's not Seymour Duncan Pickups. And, now it makes sense because I watched several videos about a month ago where the guy spoke very slowly, in depth, never showing himself, about the ABR 1 bridge. Each video was around 30 minutes long, going in depth about the metals and dimensions in the original ABR 1. I almost posted those videos but then decided you guys would think I've fallen out of my wheelchair being that interested in a bridge. He had some good points. Now I've learned he's one of 4 people who are in the business to sell this bridge. And it's hundreds of dollars. So no, I wasn't making a joke about this poor old guy. Well, except for the IBS edit. I honestly thought it may be Seymour at SDpickups. Quote
Dave Scepter Posted Tuesday at 08:51 PM Posted Tuesday at 08:51 PM 24 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said: no, I wasn't making a joke about this poor old guy Never said you did... quit being a paranoid Homo! 🤣 1 Quote
Saul Goodman Posted Wednesday at 01:28 AM Author Posted Wednesday at 01:28 AM 4 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: Never said you did... quit being a paranoid Homo! 🤣 I wasn't throwin' shade achew, Cis Ge! 😇 1 Quote
Dave Scepter Posted Wednesday at 01:59 AM Posted Wednesday at 01:59 AM 30 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said: I wasn't throwin' shade achew, Cis Ge! 😇 Oh I know, I just wanted to use "paranoid Homo" in a sentence 🤣 1 2 Quote
crunchee Posted Wednesday at 06:35 AM Posted Wednesday at 06:35 AM (edited) I've heard of the guy before but never dealt with him, he is/was one of the few people I know of who makes/used to make a repro of the Gibson P-13 single coil 'speed bump' pickup, which were found on lots of vintage Harmony/Silvertone-branded lap steels and some vintage Harmony archtops and semi-solidbody guitars, and were originally on those guitars from the late '30s/early 40's well into the late '50s. Curtis Novak also makes P-13 repro pickups, too. Neither one is inexpensive IIRC, last time I checked. His company's 'SD' moniker is, needless to say, easily confused with Seymour Duncan pickups, and apparently unrelated to those. Home: SD Pickups, Custom-Made Hand-Wound Pickups by Dave Stephens, Stephens Design Edited Wednesday at 06:42 AM by crunchee 2 Quote
Steve Haynie Posted Wednesday at 01:27 PM Posted Wednesday at 01:27 PM 11 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: Oh I know, I just wanted to use "paranoid Homo" in a sentence 🤣 That sounds like an 80's punk band name. 2 6 Quote
Menehune Posted Wednesday at 09:18 PM Posted Wednesday at 09:18 PM Thanks for this, @Saul Goodman. I visited Stevens' site. He's a persnickety craftsman. 1 Quote
scottcald Posted yesterday at 01:39 AM Posted yesterday at 01:39 AM When I clicked on this topic, I thought that was Grover Jackson's older brother or something. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.