Hamer Fan Club Message Center

GMP closed its doors and I bet the dirt cheap prices of used GMPs are a thing of the past.

I have a bud with a custom order there, in final stages of being buffed, and he isn't going to get it.

I found out yesterday that the owner of GMP also owned another company that had a class action lawsuit going due to some product they sold. The lawsuit was under apeal and the verdict came down in favor of the claimants.

Apparently the courts seized all assets, including GMP. Employees came in to work one day (this all happened about 8 or so days ago) and everything was gone - wood, cnc machines, etc. No more great guitars :P Any guitars on order on order or in process are done, what a bummer.

I just sold my Pawn Shop Deluxe (classic model) to a friend a couple of months ago thinking I'd just wait for another to come along (he's gigging and it was a perfect guitar for him) and now I'm really bummed out. I hate to say this here, because I love my Hamers, but that was the best guitar I owned.

I found out yesterday that the owner of GMP also owned another company that had a class action lawsuit going due to some product they sold.  The lawsuit was under apeal and the verdict came down in favor of the claimants.

Apparently the courts seized all assets, including GMP.  Employees came in to work one day (this all happened about 8 or so days ago) and everything was gone - wood, cnc machines, etc.  No more great guitars  :P  Any guitars on order on order or in process are done, what a bummer.

I just sold my Pawn Shop Deluxe (classic model) to a friend a couple of months ago thinking I'd just wait for another to come along (he's gigging and it was a perfect guitar for him) and now I'm really bummed out.  I hate to say this here, because I love my Hamers, but that was the best guitar I owned.

Not true at all actually. The only fact in this entire statement is that GMP ownership owned another company. No court orders, no siezed assests, and nobody walked into an empty building. Please use common sense when publicly posting rumours as fact. Anything told to anyone outside of GMP should be considered hearsay. This includes dealers, friends, industry folk, and most importantly anything read on a message board. Perhaps in time, everyone will get some closure, but for now don't expect any official announcements anytime soon.

-Phil

Not true at all actually. The only fact in this entire statement is that GMP ownership owned another company. No court orders, no siezed assests, and nobody walked into an empty building. Please use common sense when publicly posting rumours as fact. Anything told to anyone outside of GMP should be considered hearsay. This includes dealers, friends, industry folk, and most importantly anything read on a message board. Perhaps in time, everyone will get some closure, but for now don't expect any official announcements anytime soon.

-Phil

+1.

Jack:

Not sure if you're still looking or if this would even float your boat, but Elduave and I were out on a road trip today and came across a really nice GMP Pawnshop in that heavy, Gretsch-looking bass-boat silver sparkle for a reasonable (I thought) price. Bound F-hole, which might not be your thing, but I liked the neck, just not a guitar I'd be in the market for right now.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you want details.

Chris

Wanted to run it by you first, my man. If it helps, there is a Black Pawnshop with no F-hole on eBay right now for really cheap! At least it was last night...

Archived