Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The case is not original.

Good point. (I only meant that "if I needed a Hamer case," not necessarily a late '70's case).

If you need a '79, this ain't the one.

A question for BCR Greg on this thread....

How much more would it have cost for the neck-fix to not look as bad as it does? While I'm sure it is rock solid as the seller represents, cosmetically, augh- Or, maybe I'm not educated and maybe thats as good as it could look??

Man that guitar looks like a real POS for sure. What's up with all the extra pickup screw holes and the route showing from under the neck pickup> Looking at a couple of the photos of the back of the head it looks like it may have been a Grover guitar before all the finish work on the headstock. So what are ya buying here, a trashed guitar with most of the parts changed and a hewer case. The pickups are worth $250 of the starting bid, but past that I would not even bother with this thing.

And the final count?

No bids, no sale.

Go figure. :lol:

Actually it did sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/78-Hamer-Sunburst-USA-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Part it out as Kiz said or hand it to a true Master like Roy B and fix up the guitar and one might make out ok.

Peter

We take a lot of pride in the work we do here at Schroeder Guitar & Amp repair. The headstock on this instrument had been glued unsuccessfully many times before it came to our shop and was quite a mess. The gentleman had the repair done on a budget. Ideally we would have grafted a new headstock onto the instrument to have the guitar neck repaired properly.

We take a lot of pride in the work we do here at Schroeder Guitar & Amp repair. The headstock on this instrument had been glued unsuccessfully many times before it came to our shop and was quite a mess. The gentleman had the repair done on a budget. Ideally we would have grafted a new headstock onto the instrument to have the guitar neck repaired properly.

I don't think anyone was questioning the repair or your skills, rather the "details" in the seller's ad were not only confusing and contradictory, some of it wasn't even true.

I don't think anyone was questioning the repair or your skills, rather the "details" in the seller's ad were not only confusing and contradictory, some of it wasn't even true.

Yes, this is (or should be) an indictment of the shithole known as eBay. As I said earlier, Schroeder is a HIGHLY regarded repair shop in this area.

Archived