SouthernShred Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Ok, I participate in another forum dedicated to jamming via the internet. We collaborate on original and cover songs and also post backing tracks for folks to have a wank over...Anyone interested in having an HFC cyberjam?
tafkathundernotes Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 Sounds interesting... You talking about laying our own tracks and passing it around?
SouthernShred Posted March 10, 2005 Author Posted March 10, 2005 The easiest way to get everyone's feet wet is to post a backing track and everyone put their own stamp on it. The natural extension of that is to have someone play bass, someone lay down some drums (programmed or otherwise), and then have some organized guitar bits.If you want, I'll come up with a backing track for everyone to have a go at. Mix it down, save it as a 128kbps MP3 and post it here for everyone to listen.
Tres Aardvarks Posted March 10, 2005 Posted March 10, 2005 man, at least you didn't ask "anyone wanna cyber?"
hudpucker Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 GuitarWars? You must be a bad mother...shut my mouth.
Michael_ Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 so what kind of recording software does one need to participate?
formula73 Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 so what kind of recording software does one need to participate? again...+1. Never tried to do any guitar to my computer before.
hardheartedbill Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 anytime, I have a few backing tracks I could post
tobereeno Posted March 11, 2005 Posted March 11, 2005 I think this will be a really great project...it'll be an open, non-ego feeding/attacking sharing of music and musical ideas - something that's near impossible face to face especially in a band. I'd love to have threads where we can discuss theory and give hints and advice to each other about scales or modes to use and whatnot.I've always wanted to share music like this, it's so hard to in real life - other people's egos, or my own, always seem to get in the way to some degree...
Bass Guy Dave Posted March 13, 2005 Posted March 13, 2005 I've currently got the world's lamest dial-up connection, but if I can find a way, I'd be open to take a swing at some bass, if needed. It'd be a great motivator to make some time to start plaing again...Best Wishes
tobereeno Posted March 14, 2005 Posted March 14, 2005 Dave I've wanted to jam with you for ages!! so....how do we get this ball rolling?
HamerHokie Posted March 14, 2005 Posted March 14, 2005 It might help if someone would suggest a computer based multitracker, freeware, that would let us import the MP3, add a track, and save as an MP3.
tobereeno Posted March 14, 2005 Posted March 14, 2005 I'm good to go with Pro Tools, but yes, I realize not everyone's set up the same way. What about this Garage Band software thing?
jettster Posted March 15, 2005 Posted March 15, 2005 I think as long as everyone saves thier work as an mp3 file, it should not be a problem. There are many free programs out there that will convert from .wav to .mp3. Music match does a good job as does this one http://www.poikosoft.com/As far as recording, I use a digital workstation to record. Zoom Mrs-1044. http://www.proaudiomusic.com/misc/effects/...0Multitrack.htm They don't make this particular model any more. The new one is similar but, has 16 tracks. The only thing I don't like about mine is the fact you can only record 2 tracks at once. It has built in programable drums, bass and mastering utilities. On top of that it cost less than my fist 4-track did 20 years ago. I have to convert to a .wav file to be able to import it in to the workstation but, it's no problem to convert back and forth. Mine does not have the built in burner so, I use the optional USB card to tranfer files to the computer.
Bass Guy Dave Posted March 15, 2005 Posted March 15, 2005 I should have the abililty to get down to mp3 somewhere. I've got a Korg D-12 multitrack and can export to wav., so I'll dig up the mp3 converter that I've got somewhere.I guess to make this go, someone needs to suggest a key, tempo, vibe, progression, something.... or maybe several ? Or just put some riffs out there and see what sticks...I'd imagine the first couple attempts will quickly point out the areas we can improve on, efficiency-wise. Fitting each person's track into their own particular schedule may also be challenging at times, but hey...Sounds good!Best Wishes
Michael_ Posted March 15, 2005 Posted March 15, 2005 Alright cool...somebody post a backing track in .mp3 then...is that the idea? Then we can convert it back and forth to wav as neccesary. I have Cakewalk PA9 and I don't know how to import/export things to it, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Lets get this thing going then, eh?
Disturber Posted March 15, 2005 Posted March 15, 2005 Ok, I participate in another forum dedicated to jamming via the internet. We collaborate on original and cover songs and also post backing tracks for folks to have a wank over...Anyone interested in having an HFC cyberjam? I wanna be in on this if possible. Sounds like some fun. By the way this is a strange smiley, what does it mean? "Girl from Afganistan looking stunned?"
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.