Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitar stands

Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame

Question

Where do you get more of that rubber or whatever to put on the arms?

Is it surgical tubing or something? If so, then any drugstore? If not, then what?

11 answers to this question

My local True Value has various sizes of surgical tubing (and about every other kind of tubing) on big rolls and you buy it by the foot. Try a hardware store near you.

And take your stand with you to get the right fit. Trying to eyeball it will lead to failure. :)

After all the guitar stand stains I've seen on otherwise nice finishes, which have to be due to some nasty reaction between rubber and finish, I'd be leery of saving $12 by spending $3 on surgical tubing. Then again, if it is really surgical tubing, it shouldn't react with much, should it? Anyone got any hard-earned experience on this one?

Kaman just changed their tubing on their stands, the old stuff started to break down after a couple years and go hard. Of course I've got about a hundred of them... They've offered to replace them for me, I just have to bring them all in... but where do I lean a hundred stand-less guitars?

... but where do I lean a hundred stand-less guitars?

As in all things guitar, let Yngwie be your guide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEvRDC-mGmg

;)

-Austin

That video was truly horrifying. It's like he was deliberately trying to channel Nigel or something. Hearing the guitars hit each other, especially the one before they had machines (pre-steam era Stratocaster?!?), was painful.

He has enough respect to not change anything on it, but if he's going to treat it that casually, he should sell or give it to someone who will actually care about it.

Archived