ItTakesAVillage Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 << SOLD >> I've bought three Hamers in the past six months or so (it's downright infectious isn't it?), and after a lot of playing I've decided to keep my Studio Custom and Newport. They just work a little better for my playing style than the P90s, so I'm reluctantly offering up my '93 Special for sale. The overall condition is very good - there are some light dings on the top (none that go through the finish) and a very slight amount of wear on the side where your arm contacts the guitar. There's a larger ding on the back (see photo) and some other minor marks. Nothing offensive for sure, but she's been played. The neck is fabulous. Unlike some other Hamers I've played from this era, it's a much fuller/thicker neck. It's quite similar to the "vintage carve" on my Studio and Newport, but I actually like it even better. Really, it's the most comfortable neck I've experienced on an electric guitar. The frets show virtually no wear at all, and the neck and headstock are free from and dents. The guitar currently wears .11s and plays very easily. This did not have a case when I purchased it, but I recently bought a Hamer case for it. Aside from a minor mark or two, the case looks new and is a perfect fit for the Special. These are great guitars, and I'll be sad to see it go. Please excuse my less-than-stellar attempts at photography. I'm lousy to begin with, and my camera has seen much better days. The white dots (fret markers) on the fretboard side are some stick-ons I borrowed from my classical guitar junk drawer. I recently had a gig in a very dark venue and needed to see my board! These are, of course, completely removable. Additional Photos Here. Thanks for looking. $SOLD
gtone Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 Any interest in a trade for bodacious-buckered (SD Pearly Gates N/JS Moore Tres Hombres) '93 Special FM in virtually same condition? While it sounds/plays great, I'm on a P90 kick now since picking up the SG Jr, have another HB guit and wish to get a dual P90 setup. Some video clips of the Special FM available...
ItTakesAVillage Posted January 5, 2012 Author Posted January 5, 2012 Thanks for the offer, but I probably should just sell this one. My "financial manager" has recently laid down the law...
bubs_42 Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 And so it begins..... Man this has been on my list for a few years now but i'm out for 2012. I blew my cash less than 12 hours in.
gwayne Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 And so it begins..... Man this has been on my list for a few years now but i'm out for 2012. I blew my cash less than 12 hours in.Hell yeah!! This post made me laugh! My 2012 budget got blown on 11-30-2011 so I feels yo pain.
specialk Posted January 5, 2012 Posted January 5, 2012 Buy it Mitch! Then in a week or two sell it to me at a deep, deep discount.
velorush Posted January 6, 2012 Posted January 6, 2012 And so it begins..... Man this has been on my list for a few years now but i'm out for 2012. I blew my cash less than 12 hours in. Hell yeah!! This post made me laugh! My 2012 budget got blown on 11-30-2011 so I feels yo pain. That's three of us. My 2012 budget was gone sometime in November (2011). This is causing me serious pain: a P-90 Special with a big neck? How often does one of these come up? And I'm out of cash...
tractorj0hn Posted January 6, 2012 Posted January 6, 2012 This is the first natural finish Special that I've seen- it's simple and beautiful. I have a red one just like it. For those of you on the fence, don't hesitate - buy it! Bump for a killer instrument.
rj2858 Posted January 7, 2012 Posted January 7, 2012 And so it begins..... Man this has been on my list for a few years now but i'm out for 2012. I blew my cash less than 12 hours in. Hell yeah!! This post made me laugh! My 2012 budget got blown on 11-30-2011 so I feels yo pain. That's three of us. My 2012 budget was gone sometime in November (2011). This is causing me serious pain: a P-90 Special with a big neck? How often does one of these come up? And I'm out of cash... No, four of us. I took delivery of a beautiful Indigo 2003 Standard Custom from a fellow board member on November 29th. Pricey, but worth it. Fortunately I sold my last P-90 Special (skinny neck '92) a couple of weeks before, and won't be needing to scratch that itch.
ItTakesAVillage Posted January 7, 2012 Author Posted January 7, 2012 Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear about the blown 2012 budgets I've lowered the price $100.
ItTakesAVillage Posted January 16, 2012 Author Posted January 16, 2012 One more time for a nice Special...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.