serial Posted February 24, 2012 Posted February 24, 2012 1977 Fender Stratocaster-all original, very lightweight (rare for a 70s Strat), flamey neck, very clean and nice. Too many Strats (3) and I gig the beaters-this one's too clean. I look at these all of the time and this is the nicest black 70s Strat I've seen in years so I had to grab it. Trade offers are primarily what I'm looking for (or trades plus cash). I'll listen to a cash offer, but looking for trades mostly. Just bored and looking to pick up something new. I've done a ton of horse-trading of guitars over the years and find that it's a fun way to try new guitars and there can be more flexibility with values, etc if both parties have stuff the other one likes. Shoot me any trade ideas you might have-I'm reasonable-I've done well over fifty of these swaps over the years. Certainly not in any rush or have the need to off this one (I'd wanted a Strat like this since I was a kid first playing guitar), but it's very clean, so I don't get it out to gigs. Just have that itch to try something new out.
jerseydrew Posted February 25, 2012 Posted February 25, 2012 Nice. I'll shoot you a pm in the am.***edit, pm sent***
velorush Posted February 25, 2012 Posted February 25, 2012 Wow, that's the color I wanted when I bought my $250 clear S9 back in '85. You're right about lightweight being rare; mine weighed as much as most of the contemporary (Norlin) Les Pauls!Wish I had something you wanted...Edited to add: any idea which (letter) neck it has? Just curious and kicking tires here.
serial Posted February 25, 2012 Author Posted February 25, 2012 As far as neck shape, I'm pretty bad with that, but I'd say more of a "D" if that makes sense (70s necks didnt use the lettered neck codes for width). Nice neck. My other two 70s Strats weigh a LOT more. One weighs more than my 81 LPCustom did and that was a hog.
Jakeboy Posted February 25, 2012 Posted February 25, 2012 Didn't you have a natural finish 70s Strat BITD? That one is gorgeous.....wish I had something I was willing to part with rit now, but I don't. That is a good thing actually! Besides, I just put a new set of Rumpels in my Strat....
cmatthes Posted February 25, 2012 Posted February 25, 2012 Serial - I've played that Strat, and can't believe you're selling it. Damned shame I don't have anything you'd want to trade for it!Mark - I think that natural Strat was Shawn Pace's (??). Maybe I'm confusing that with the Black LPC of his I borrowed as a backup for my Sunburst LP for gigs...That was a long time ago, but I remember your natural Explorer and thought you had a white Flying Vee too, didn't you?
serial Posted February 25, 2012 Author Posted February 25, 2012 I just don't get to play it enough and am looking for stuff to gig with.Mark-the Strat was Kenny Young's. I borrowed it for a gig and he let me use it for about a year (he didn't play, but wanted to and bought the Strat). I think you borrowed Shawn's black LPC for the same gig (that big outdoor Hospital Fair thing). I think I used Shawn's Peavy stack.I remember that damned Explorer. Wow.
Jakeboy Posted February 25, 2012 Posted February 25, 2012 That Strat belonged to Kenny Young...wow, that takes me back. the LPC was Shawn's....I think I'm gonna call him and see if he still has it....the ugly PV stack was mine and I sold it to Shawn just prior to going in the USAF....I still miss that Explorer.....it makes me wanna buy a Standard...No Vee in Delaware, just the Explorer. Good days.....good luck trading that Strat.
serial Posted February 28, 2012 Author Posted February 28, 2012 Some very cool proposals, but nothing I either don't have, havent had or wouldn't legitimately gig with. Keep em coming!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.