carfish7 Posted July 26, 2012 Posted July 26, 2012 This one is really a case queen - it has been played very little and is a solid 9/10 condition. You'll find a few minor impressions on the back and a tiny bit of pimpling on the neckplate, but it is crazy clean for a 21-year old. It has a very nice acoustic ring to it and great sustain for a Floyd-equipped axe IMHO. Irridescent finish is very understated - it looks black until light hits it, Boomers on Ebony, Stadium logo, nice medium profile neck (not at all skinny), it checks a lot of boxes for me but I cannot abide the Floyd. This was an impulse purchase and I'm reminded that as much as I want to love these shreddy Hamers, I can't hang with a Floyd. The only issues are the fact that the bridge pickup and ring have been swapped and the Floyd baseplate has a couple saddle screws that could use a refurb (stripped baseplate), I "asked the experts" about this and got several suggestions, but have done nothing to address this as it is not an issue as it is currently set up (10's) and is completely stable. Replacement plates are available as well from Schaller as I recall. Comes shipped in its OHSC with key, warranty card, and trem tool. $1250 shipped and PP'ed in the lower 48 should leave some room for the repair if desired? I may be tempted by a trade for a semi-hollow but not with a Bigsby. I have done a few deals here so I can likely get references if needed........ Pic: http://s48.photobuck...mview=slideshow Feel free to give me a call with any questions. Thanks! Z 612-703-3990
Lockbody Posted July 27, 2012 Posted July 27, 2012 I used to have one just like it. WooHoo, wotta guitar!
cloakerz Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 you have NO idea how hard it is to resist this quitar!
diablo175 Posted July 28, 2012 Posted July 28, 2012 So tempted... must ... resist... temptation. Cannot...hold out ... for ... long...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.