Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Another Cali project begins

Ah. Cultural contextual conundrum - here in the 'States, "yikes" takes on a slightly different meaning. As in that is scary, frighteningly ugly... :lol:.

Awesome thread :D

It's actually from the Python (no, NOT Monty) family... a Congo Pastel Python to be exact. "beautiful plumage, those Congo Pastels... "

Chris- I made a few minor alterations to the design to accommodate my aesthetic tastes. :lol: I wanted him to push the yellow-oranges in the center of the yellow fields a bit more.

pythonskin.jpg

Thanks, Rodan. I'm always my harshest critic and thus always very judgmental and skeptical about my creative impulses.

Somebody call the veterinarian, because that python is SICK!

Thanks RobB. I'm pretty fookin' excited about it, too.

Believe it or not, I'm almost as excited about this Cali project as I am for my set neck custom due any time in November. Right, BCR Greg? Right? Right? :P

My heart exploded and I got an instant chubster when I saw these photos of the revised Cali paint job. Aww jeez, now I'm gonna die in anticipation... gotta wait another week to get my hands on it and then another week to put in all the new goodies in.

pythonCali1.jpg

pythonCaliback.jpg

That's so forking awesome!

Holy crap, that's cool.

I couldn't even sleep last night I was so torqued over this. It's got me thinking non-stop about what I can/will do with Peter's custom I just bought... :rolleyes:

Haha! I'm the same with my new Cali = I was up at 6.30 this morning & ran downstairs to look at it :D

@Vic- it's like Christmas when I were a kid. Couldn't wait for the day to get there. Then spent my every waking moment after wards (mostly in school) wishing I was playing with the coveted toy. :P

That's awesome man & I know how you feel...

My Cali is in bits at the mo. I'm oiling/polishing the neck right now. I've stripped & rebuilt the trem with new saddle screws (looks almost new). I've taken out all rusty screws & replaced 'em with new ones. I polished the guitar. I'll re-string & setup later once I've finished this neck. You know how it is = these things take time. Then, I'll be plugging into my JCM & having a fkn burnout :D

• 2 weeks later...

And unlike my Godzilla Cali, where I was not able to keep the trademark logo, this go 'round I am able to have the logo. Too f-ing cool!

pythonCalihead.jpg

Archived