kizanski Posted June 6, 2016 Posted June 6, 2016 On the 'bay. "Structurally this guitar is solid: neck is straight with only minor fret wear; electronics work and sound great. This guitar has a crack on each side of the fingerboard in the neck near the nut" HUH??
hamerhead Posted June 6, 2016 Posted June 6, 2016 I think he means 'solid' as in 'it's not a liquid'.
DaveL Posted June 6, 2016 Posted June 6, 2016 I sometimes find "structurally, this is solid" is almost like a tell in poker... it's some kind of weird overcompensation... kind of like when I see, "I'm an honest seller"... like why does would a typical honest seller need to say that?
crunchee Posted June 6, 2016 Posted June 6, 2016 "...very-good/clean above average cosmetic condition for its age" I'd sure hate to see what this seller's idea of 'average' is. All those extra chrome parts reminds me of what a friend of mine said years ago about 'chrome go-fasters' (chromed add-on parts) on cars, specifically as in items like chrome air filter covers and valve covers for the engine...they look fancy, but performance-wise they don't necessarily do squat.
Camstone Posted June 6, 2016 Posted June 6, 2016 You know, "solid" like "Jumbo Shrimp" or "Military Intelligence" or "Found Missing" or......
ARM OF HAMER Posted June 6, 2016 Posted June 6, 2016 3 hours ago, kizanski said: On the 'bay. "Structurally this guitar is solid: neck is straight with only minor fret wear; electronics work and sound great. This guitar has a crack on each side of the fingerboard in the neck near the nut" HUH?? LOL! Maybe He Means.......................................... LIke "SOLID "
serial Posted June 7, 2016 Posted June 7, 2016 4 hours ago, DaveL said: I sometimes find "structurally, this is solid" is almost like a tell in poker... it's some kind of weird overcompensation... kind of like when I see, "I'm an honest seller"... like why does would a typical honest seller need to say that? Or even worse... "I'm a Christian businessman." In my profession, I've heard this statement several dozen times. 100% of the time the person uttering it was either subsequently a guest of the taxpayers, lost in a civil fraud suit or filed for bankruptcy immediately before or just after the latter. Yes-100%. I have never heard those words uttered by an honest person. Sounds like what this seller is pulling.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.