Hamer Fan Club Message Center

MONACO DREAM TWINS

JEB319

Question

Hello Hamer- As a Korina Wood enthusiast, I once owned several 7Os Ibanez Korina Destroyers. I sold my last one many years ago to Rick Medlock of Blackfoot (at the time) via a friend who was attending his guitar clinic in a nearby town. I was paid a handsome price but still feel I made a huge mistake and have since missed the undeniable  increased resonance/sustain of those guitars, particularly that one. I will be purchasing a pair of Monacos' even if my dream cannot be realized. The dream I had, literally, was of having 2 Monacos' custom made for me with several personal features uniquely my own, including distinct and adjacent serial numbers.These guitars would remain in my possesion for life. Those features are as follows seperate outputs for each P90. An Arcade style kill switch aka/Buckethead, a highly figured burl top, light scalloping frets 16 and higher, and a finish which I can only describe as a  lightly applied transluscent stain of a two-color scheme as similar to a red sky at night. So.. Am I crazy? Of course, I am. Is Hamer crazy enough to help me realize the MONACO TWINS? I cant wait to find out!

I failed to mention. I play exclusively in (A 432Hz ) Drop D and wear another 6 string, strung upside-down andopen tuned for slide. All night long..

8 answers to this question

Hamer went out of business in April, 2014.  They stopped taking orders in December, 2012.

If you like the import Hamers you really owe it to yourself to try a real one. No comparison between the USA Hamers and the import models that they unfortunately spelled the name right on the headstock.

Not sure if KMC Music would be interested in setting up a custom shop for these Indonesian made guitars.  But I can think of more than a few builders who would make your single cut guitar of your dreams. 

That’s a fun joke, isn’t it?

Just a quick point about your Ibanez...those were made from Sen, a Japanese variant of Ash, not Korina.  They were stained with an antique yellow to give the appearance of Korina, and those are ass-kicking guitars, but definitely not Korina.  

Archived