Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1995 HAMER ECLIPSE 12 STRING

What Rob B said exactly.  That’s THE Electric 12 String sound to me.

• 5 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 9:59 PM, stobro said:

While on the subject of Hamer 12-strings, is there any way to find out how many Special 12s were made? Mine has a 1295XX serial number, which I guess makes it a '91? The pickups are not original- I put in some GFS Retrotrons when I got the guitar about 15 years ago. They work much better with the 12 strings than the high output Seymour Duncans that someone else loaded into it before me.

May 2008 Guitars 001.jpg

jeebus christmas. I put far more hours on the 12 string neck of my Californian doubleneck than any other guitar, and it's been that way for literally 20 years now. I've wanted a single necked version for 20 years, but none have fit the bill. There's literally just a couple 12 string Californians, but they're not setnecks. There's the Eclipse 12, but it doesn't have the same bridge/stoptail, and that hardware is a huge part of the magic. And here before my eyes is, if not a Californian body, a Hamer 12 string with the key features - 1 5/8" neck, super heavy bridge/tailpiece, set neck, mahogany body. There's gotta be more out there....?

2 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Back off, Tobe - I've been after that one for years. B)

lol I totally respect that, hence me wishing/hoping that there's gotta be more than just that one out there :) 

I am down to the two Hamer 12vers. DID have one Eclipse, but could not keep one of everything. i did like it a lot.

I still do have the one Newport and the one Duo--Tone (the latter apparently one of two in that set of specs). I am sure they could be sold very easily, but I take a step back every time I play either one. Best to hold on to these once you get your hands on one.

Tobe - I don't recall seeing a 12 string Cali that WASN'T a set neck.

• 9 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 11:17 AM, hamerhead said:

Yeah, they're great.

DSCN5658_zps74ojwqlb.jpg

Playable in tune anywhere up the neck.

God I've sold soooo many good guitars........:(

My first Hamer-USA was a vintage orange Eclipse-12 I bought used at a vintage guitar store in Seattle. It was pretty easy to play and produce convincing jangle. It required patience, but I found it surprisingly easy to restring. I liked it but  sold it in late 1999 to get a freshly minted Hamer Anniversary.

On 1/26/2020 at 2:39 PM, django49 said:

I am down to the two Hamer 12vers. DID have one Eclipse, but could not keep one of everything. i did like it a lot.

I still do have the one Newport and the one Duo--Tone (the latter apparently one of two in that set of specs). I am sure they could be sold very easily, but I take a step back every time I play either one. Best to hold on to these once you get your hands on one.

Is your Duotone 12 the Gretsch orange one, three holes but with Custom electronics? I got one from Mobster and it was terrific but I couldn’t find a practical use for it, so it went to Joe (Spidey) and it went on from there. It was very playable, and of course beautifully made. 

1 minute ago, polara said:

Is your Duotone 12 the Gretsch orange one, three holes but with Custom electronics? I got one from Mobster and it was terrific but I couldn’t find a practical use for it, so it went to Joe (Spidey) and it went on from there. It was very playable, and of course beautifully made. 

No......As I recall, there were exactly two made to those specs. Mobster (Greg) had that one. Mine is a natural finish. I have had good offers on it, but know I would never be able to replace it.....Even though I (also) have no practical use for it. 😉

Archived