Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Another Project Finished

Found this in the garbage. I initially thought I’d strip it for parts. But a friend of mine told me they are incredible stereo amps. So I rebuilt it. I don’t have a clue what I’m going to do with it as I have a great sound system, but I enjoyed bringing it back to life!!

I’ve only played CD’s thru it, sounds incredible with great speakers!! 

It’s a Dynaco ST-70.

FF938E30-0F30-4998-A58A-03EAF570F538.jpeg

In the garbage?!?!?

Awesome!

I picked up a tabletop tube radio at a yard sale last week.  $5.  I figure I can scavenge for parts or convert to stealth low wattage guitar amp.  Haven't taken the back off it yet to give it a look over.

Fantastic find! I you would live in Holland as it deserves for Dutch man, I would have said, send it over. I'd like to play around with. B)

5 hours ago, Joe G said:

That's a good looking Dynaco 70 and a super score

It was covered in bird shit when I discovered it. I thought those look like transformers and dug it out of the pile. Thinking amp build project with old iron! I’m glad my buddy talked me into restoring it instead!! 

8 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

$800 online. Maybe you sell it.

I hadn’t checked that! Thank’s for the tip!! I figured it wouldn’t be worth the parts I put in it since it’s from the late 50’s. I like projects/fixing old tube stuff. I’m still working on the old leslie speaker I posted a while back. Trying to make it 100% variable speed vs 2 speed to work with tempo.

Archived