Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Korina Eclipse has landed!

DaveH

The korina Eclipse arrived today, and it' sweeter in person than the pics had indicated. It's light and very lively. Unplugged, it has that fine-ass fundamental rock n roll tone that lets you know it's a screamer. I'm doing a setup on it right now, but it played great as it was too, just a little more relief than I like. Initial inspection revealed that this guitar is unique in more ways than one:

-First is the obvious, it's made from korina, and the body is one-piece

-Secondly, the neck is also one-piece! I didn't think they did this with the exceptions of early models, and the more recent Triple Threats. Was this an option in the 90's?

Anyway, I think it's going to be very easy to convert the neck pup back to the original mini-hum....I'll probably have to glue some wood gussets in the two inside corners for the bezel to get screwed into (the two outer screws are intact).

-First is the obvious, it's made from korina, and the body is one-piece

-Secondly, the neck is also one-piece! I didn't think they did this with the exceptions of early models, and the more recent Triple Threats. Was this an option in the 90's?

Please post a pictures. This is definitely a rarity.

KORINA eclipse?!?! You got my attention. Now post pix.

Was this done for one of the Kamans by any chance? I know he had at least two of them made, one of them a triple-pickup model in TV Yellow (which I almost bought myself).

I'll get some pics together tonight or in the morning. The seller is supposed to be trying to get some history and background info on this axe for me, but I really don't know anything about it as yet....other than it has a one-piece neck, which struck me as odd. It has a one piece body too, and it feels ALIVE in your hands! :D

Someone posted this in the ebay thread about this guitar. Fucking beaut!:

Thanks! I'll still get some better pics together. Btw, that dark area betwen the neck pup and the fingerboard....I originally thought that was going to be a piece broke out or something, but it's not. It looks like a dark spot in the wood, and is under the laquer.

Btw, that dark area betwen the neck pup and the fingerboard....I originally thought that was going to be a piece broke out or something, but it's not. It looks like a dark spot in the wood, and is under the laquer.

My guess is that the dark spot is the end of the filler strip that goes over the truss rod before the fretboard is put on.

Yummy!

It seems to have that same vintage yellow tinted clearcoat

as the ltd series of Korina Standards and Vectors

from the mid 90's. Its SOOO much cooler looking

than just plain clear coated korina, the way they do

it now.

Dave, I think you have a three piece neck. Hamer matches their wood carefully, but I think I see where it was pieced together around the heel.

Steve,

Yeah, I think you may be right. I'm honestly having trouble seeing the joint lines, but Rich was looking at it last night and he thought the same thing, that it is a three-pice. Either way it doesn't matter to me, a lot of love went into it! :D

Man I have been traveling on business the last couple weeks. I totally missed that one. I love my Eclipse. It would have taken everything I had not to bid on that one. Let me know if you decide it isn't for you. Congratulations on a beautiful guitar.

Archived