Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA:80's Standard Case @ Music Zoo

5 hours ago, Hbom said:

🤐 1980s Hamer Standard Case | Reverb

Farmingdale, NY, United States

1980s Hamer Standard Case

Price$799
+ $650 Shipping

Oh that's just an April Fools joke, right???

55 minutes ago, Tortious said:

They also have an ambitiously priced 81 Special!

https://www.themusiczoo.com/products/1981-hamer-special-red

spacer.png

The low low discount price of $2799!! Buy!!

Yet another example of why I always believe you'll get the best Hamer guitars and basses at the best price from the best people right here on the HFC.

1 hour ago, HSB0531 said:

Oh that's just an April Fools joke, right???

No! Unfortunately, that's the kind of shipping stupidity that I run into lately. It shouldn't cost that much but a lot of companies that ship from Boston to LA for free, make up for it when they quote a price for Anchorage.

10 hours ago, Hbom said:

No! Unfortunately, that's the kind of shipping stupidity that I run into lately. It shouldn't cost that much but a lot of companies that ship from Boston to LA for free, make up for it when they quote a price for Anchorage.

I'll bet you're right about that.

I had a Gibby Explorer replica shipped from Italy a few months ago.  Cost me about $310 with the duty at customs included. 

I bought one thing from Music Zoo years ago.  They were cool and nothing untoward that I can remember.  Don't even look at their page anymore.

Three guesses why...  

Turns out shipping would be cheaper if I buy it through eBay. But I think I'm going to pass anyway.

Shipping and handling To Service Delivery*See Delivery notes
US $197.87 United States Standard Shipping (UPS Ground) Estimated between Wed, Dec 21 and Wed, Dec 28 to 99504
US $285.36 United States Expedited Shipping (UPS 2nd Day Air®) Estimated on or before Fri, Dec 23 to 99504
US $401.94 United States One-day Shipping (UPS Next Day Air®)

On 12/17/2022 at 6:17 AM, The Shark said:

I had a Gibby Explorer replica shipped from Italy a few months ago.  Cost me about $310 with the duty at customs included. .  

Tell us more, please!  ;How does it play?  Link?

On 12/17/2022 at 9:17 AM, The Shark said:

I bought one thing from Music Zoo years ago.  They were cool and nothing untoward that I can remember.  Don't even look at their page anymore.

Three guesses why...  

They went from being cool...to being "too cool for skool".

I used to browse their page daily, and bought a couple of nice guitars from them.  

Zero interest for the last year, as the douchiness factor increased to past the point of tolerance.

55 minutes ago, The Shark said:

It is fantastic.  Paolo winds his own pickups and the board is Brazilian.  Aging is great.  I love it.

YgBSuS2.jpg

Only $310 for THAT??  Are you serious?   How can that be possible?  Please provide a link!

55 minutes ago, HamerCustomEr said:

Only $310 for THAT??  Are you serious?   How can that be possible?  Please provide a link!

I think he meant $310 for shipping. 

56 minutes ago, HamerCustomEr said:

I think you're missing the most important part there...

Archived