All Activity
- Today
-
-
Absolutely amazing! ETA: how does he keep the stain from bleeding past the mask? Or is it transparent ("candy") paint rather than stain? I suppose it would have to be. Just wow!
-
-
Nothing to see here, folks. Just a little diversion from the accepted zeitgeist. @hamerhead has been collected and delivered into the reeducation camp. He'll be out for a bit, but will return after a "conformance vacation." As we all know tubes are vastly superior technology. Solid state is terrible. Leo got it right the first time. Nitrocellulose is the only acceptable finish because it breathes and true bypass; always, true bypass.
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
gorch replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
KISS - the generation. -
And how many blues musicians have had his kind of $uccess? Stevie Ray? Clapton? B.B.? It's a pretty short list. I was a Joe B fan before he got where he is, but the success was earned. Sure, he had a leg up. But he's been relentless in schooling himself, including the business side. The fact that the amp sounds good - even though it's a 'cheap' solid state Fender - is a bonus. I'm telling you, if you haven't tried a Tone Master amp you are missing out. They are scarily close to the real deal without being weather/temperature/humidity or tube choice/condition dependent. Fender actually got it right. It's funny because people run a bank of solid state pedals in front of their boutique tube amps and everybody is OK with that. Silliness. If it sounds good, it IS good.
-
I find it curious that if a successful musician is also a good businessman, we tear them down as if they are scum/sellouts. Doesn't really make sense, if they can walk the walk, more power to them. And I'm not a fan of JB, but I can absolutely give respect where respect is due.
-
Here is Ian's announcement: https://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=ED89090B-D7DE-4871-AF05-DCD124A3F948 He is an owner of the company, just like Glenn Tipton, so he is not gone from Judas Priest. We just will not see him on stage anymore.
-
- 1
-
-
I had a Diablo at one time. Early 90’s, ‘93-‘94 I think…? I remember the neck on mine being pretty substantial. Everything else I’ve ever heard from here was that they were on the slim side. Mine was trans red with a non-reverse headstock. I threw a pair of Duncan Distortions in it and it absolutely killed. Only got rid of it because I was falling out of favor with Floyd’d guitars.
-
FS/FT Friedman JJ Jr
Travis replied to Travis's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
You buy the Friedman and I’ll boil that fucker myself -
FS/FT Friedman JJ Jr
Dave Scepter replied to Travis's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Order the lobster! 🤣👌 -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
Dave Scepter replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
-
FS/FT Friedman JJ Jr
Travis replied to Travis's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Hell, I’ll meet you halfway and lunch is on me. 😉 -
How'd it win him over? They paid him.
-
I saw somewhere that the Tweed one was around $6500ish?
-
VHT (no relation to the old VHT/Fryette company) has made their D-50 and D-20 model amps for several years now, which are supposedly their take on the Dumble 'recipe': D-Fifty - D SERIES - vhtamp D-Twenty - D SERIES - vhtamp Note that the D-20 gets confused more than once in the VHT amp description with the D-50, but the specs seem to indicate a smaller 6V6-powered amp.
-
And the new Dumble is pointedly declining to post prices. Call us and sign an NDA, I suppose. Pay extra for ungooped(?) Meanwhile, Joe's new squeeze is half the price of his signature Fuch JB-ODS.....Which itself is more or less an "affordable" Dumble......And available only on his web site.
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
django49 replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Speaking of Guns and Roses..... -
FS/FT Friedman JJ Jr
Jakeboy replied to Travis's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Buy it @Saul Goodman, @Travis is aces to deal with! - Yesterday
-
Soundgarden but not Soundgarden. Full set.
Dave Scepter replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
- 1 reply
-
- 2
-
-
Dunno but I dug up some old texts and he had this to say about it- the Mighty Mite 1800/ VH 5150 Duncan mashup- 100% Fair Warning and 1984 record. Red and White, single conductor output leads, 53mm spacing. 🤷♂️