-
Posts
5,214 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
5
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by scottcald
-
Just like Leo did it!
-
It's already reversed. 🤣
-
When has need ever dictated acquiring gear? 🤣
-
That's a Diablo that's been mangled. Diablo II has the HSH setup. I don't think any were hardtail.
-
Les Paul Tuning Stability Trick
scottcald replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Considering some of the things Eddie did with his Fender trem to keep it in tune, holding the bar seems like a little less work. -
Les Paul Tuning Stability Trick
scottcald replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Kahler also has the auto latch for their Steeler - arm down, it's locked and when in use it's unlocked. Cool set up. That one from Turkey was all titanium and for the bridge and nut is like a grand. I think not many will buy that. -
Another Boston singer dead.
scottcald replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Whenever I see something about Boston, I forget Gary Pihl is in the group. Another unsung guy. -
Les Paul Tuning Stability Trick
scottcald replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I've seen some guys do everything dive only and I get why, but just feels limiting. -
Les Paul Tuning Stability Trick
scottcald replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Saw a photo of Neal Schon with a Floyd nut on an LP but with a fine tuner tailpiece. Do you always block the Floyd? -
Les Paul Tuning Stability Trick
scottcald replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Seems like some locking tuners with taller G and D would do that. Wonder if someone will come out with that? -
Nice. Thanks for the overview.
-
REO Speedwagon Tribute to Gary 3/7/26
scottcald replied to bubs_42's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Great job with it. Loved Gary’s playing and his sound was unique too. He’s definitely not talked about enough. -
I was looking at Paul Bond's YouTube (plays for Russ Ballard and some others) on his livestream talking about his Valeton GP-200 setup and these look like they might be what he was using. He said he liked them better than the molded ones he paid 700 pound for. I asked for a link for them so I'm sure he'll post that up.
-
I’m having a quintuple heart bypass tomorrow
scottcald replied to Victor (Fret Friend)'s topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Sorry I missed seeing this, haven't been on here this week. Vic, so glad the surgery went well. Don't try to rush things, do what they say and you'll be back at it in no time. -
And Rick's 40 years younger
-
Both setups are cool in different ways. How do you like that Atomic CLR?
-
Looks like a cool combo. What synth sounds are you using?
-
-
Cheech & Chong Signature Guitar Cables
scottcald replied to santellavision's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
But is it tone hemp? -
Back in the day, I started with a 2 channel Marshall 50 watt 1x12. The dirt channel was stupidly shrill, so I used the full sounding clean channel an MXR Distortion II. SD-1, and an HM-1 for different drive tones. Later, I got a Peavey VTM120 with the Peavey 412F ported cab. I then got an Ibanez analog delay and a wah. Powered all but the MXR with a DOD power supply and made all the connectors. My dad built a board for me. We lined it all up, measured and he built the box. Painted white inside to see onstage and black with latches outside. He got foam for the lid because Velcro you could get back then wasn’t strong enough, so it kept it all in place. then I made an A/B switch, used the VTM for gain sounds and the clean Marshall with an Ibanez rack chorus/delay for cleans. When I started being the guy with the PA, I got rid of all that and got on the modeling bandwagon. Got a 1x12 and a couple smaller heads and some pedals now for different situations. Easiest setup is a Helix with Variax that can do loads of tones and they’ll switch with the patch/scene. Smallest if you only need two tones or a tone and a lead boosted, would be ToneX one.