-
Posts
5,214 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
5
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by scottcald
-
Lace Pickups $100 shipped
scottcald replied to scottcald's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
OK. I tested them. The single reads 6.13, but the humbucker reads 25.99 (?) I was using the red for the hot and it has green and white with black stripe tied together for the ground. It also has the red and black and white tied together and covered with heat shrink. Seems odd, but it worked fine in the guitar before I removed it. EDIT: I just noticed the ears of the single coil have been hacked off on one side. I suppose they were that way in the guitar. I certainly didn't do that. You can see on the top of the second photo. -
Lace Pickups $100 shipped
scottcald replied to scottcald's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Thanks, I'll test them. Appreciate the info. -
Just to toss it out to the collective, Lizard Spit also has a fret and fretboard cleaning set. Not sure how it compares to gorgomyte. I think the guy who invented gorgomyte passed away a few years back, so I guess no one took up the business.
-
SOLD: CLEAN 1985 Hamer Special
scottcald replied to Case's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Thanks, Case! -
Another tube preamp. Dumble this time.
scottcald replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I guess whenever I see the crazy pricing etc. I always think how many people also say "tone is in the hands" and all that. So, which is it? Or is it all just more fodder to argue with other people on the internet? 🤣 -
SOLD: CLEAN 1985 Hamer Special
scottcald replied to Case's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I'll message you. -
SOLD: CLEAN 1985 Hamer Special
scottcald replied to Case's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
What's the weight on that? -
Another tube preamp. Dumble this time.
scottcald replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I never quite understood the whole Dumble thing. I've read there's a "Dumble Sound" but then I also read that he tuned every single amp specifically for the player he was building it for. -
Gary Moore returns with Joe Bonamassa's amp.
scottcald replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
It's really a mid forward tone, moreso than other stuff he did. -
Gary Moore returns with Joe Bonamassa's amp.
scottcald replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Was this when he was using the GK amps? I like the tone, but curious about the setup. -
Gary Moore returns with Joe Bonamassa's amp.
scottcald replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Gary Moore to me, was far more interesting than a lot of other players. In 1980/81 when I heard End of the World on the radio, I had to go out the next day and get Corridors of Power. So many people are only aware of the Still Got the Blues and later stuff, but man, I'd hold him up against anyone and put my money on him. That white Hamer is fantastic. To me, if it had the 6 in line a la the Stevens, it'd be perfect. -
Rorschach, or Horshack? 🤣 I just see eyes looking out from the brush.
-
PSA - It's Raining Daytonas!
scottcald replied to velorush's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
If I didn't have a 90s Phantom, I'd get this. Also, if it had a sustain block, I'd get it. -
No silent stage BS here. 880 watt tube amp.
scottcald replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Was that to drive all of Yngwie’s cabinets? -
Hamer, The Most Undervalued Guitar, Shane Theriot.
scottcald replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Sweet. I haven't seen his 3 pickup, very cool! I love that Shane doesn't feel the need to hop on the latest greatest fad brands or act like only Gibson and Fender exist. And also that the wear on his guitars is real.