bubs_42
Members-
Posts
18,150 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
76
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by bubs_42
-
Hamers and Others For Sale
bubs_42 replied to django49's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Stupid prices IMHO.- 22 replies
-
- Eclipse
- Triple Threat
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Who's Bringing Guitars For Sale To Chicago?
bubs_42 replied to kizanski's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I got nothing. -
Who's Bringing Guitars For Sale To Chicago?
bubs_42 replied to kizanski's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Paper Rock Sissors? -
Who's Bringing Guitars For Sale To Chicago?
bubs_42 replied to kizanski's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
SOAB I've got to get one of those. Can I use your account? I'll be trolling as well since I have not used up my guitar fund yet. -
PSA: Cool Hamer Vector (KK?) on eBay
bubs_42 replied to zorrow's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
It didn't sell the first time around and I doubt it sells this time. -
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
bubs_42 replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Dumb Ass. -
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
bubs_42 replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Stunning. -
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
bubs_42 replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Needs a Triple Coil in that one. -
the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers
bubs_42 replied to veatch's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Found it! -
I'm laughing because I just realized that I hack so many of these names up.
-
Maybe they aren't Hamers, but they're cool......
bubs_42 replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
They are cool as hell, you gotta love um. -
Maybe they aren't Hamers, but they're cool......
bubs_42 replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I lust for one to pop up at the right time. They never do. -
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
bubs_42 replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Your Welcome, I just could not get a picture of it that came across how good looking that top is. Be sure to stretch those strings out. I have a very very important rule after I mark a guitar sold. I never, ever, ever play it again. -
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
bubs_42 replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I'm glad that it will be in good company. -
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
bubs_42 replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT. -
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
bubs_42 replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Sorry I forget to mention. Installed on it now is a Tone Pro's Tailpiece and the Original Bridge. Included is a Tone Pro's Bridge with String Saver Saddles and the OEM Tailpiece in the Case. -
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
bubs_42 replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Carving is definitely part of the issue too I think. It's alot easier to get a great-looking top if you don't have to carve it. - Austin And this is a great looking top. -
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
bubs_42 replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I've said it before (albeit, not here) and I'll say it again...Achieving one's "dream" can be very disappointing. Also settling for less than exaclty what you want can be disappointing as well. Then I would argue that the dream has not yet been realized. Correct. Koa of this grade thick enough to make a Studio or Special just isn't out there anymore. There are few Mirage's out there that can rival the top on this guitar. So if anyone wants one of the best looking Specials on the Planet this is the one. I would have put a Sustainblock on it and a Vintage Carved Neck with 30th Ann Inlay's with a MOP Hamer Logo. -
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
bubs_42 replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I've said it before (albeit, not here) and I'll say it again... Achieving one's "dream" can be very disappointing. Also settling for less than exaclty what you want can be disappointing as well. -
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
bubs_42 replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I still don't think I captured the depth and color of the top. Very 3D in person and a nice rich color. -
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
bubs_42 replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Ya, MJ that still works at Duncan in the Custom Shop. These are correct to the guitar. As for the routes that what I thought when I found them. The guitar is so freaking clean someone had to ass it up a touch. But the routes are clean and not a serious hack job. -
I love guitars and I love KOA so I could not pass this one up. How did it turn out? It's light, sounds fantastic and plays like a dream. It's just not me, the neck shape is medium 90's which for a lot of players is perfect but I like them beefy and I'd rather play my Sunburst. That's it no if, and's or but's. I want to make clear about the routing that was done to the pickup cavity's. The pictures can be mistaken. It is a slight fuzzing on the inside only of both cavity's. As you can see from one of the pictures there is still some finish intacked on the back of the neck pickup cavity. Slight and I mean slight, most likely done to except pickups with covers. One spot of hameritius and the finish is firm and is not chipping out. Very, VEry, VERY clean guitar. Original Pups are in there 59/jb wound by MJ. Hands down the best 59 I've heard. Sounds damn close if not better than the ultimate I have in my Standard. If you have questions I have answers. $1500 Shipped and Paypall'ed. Hey its most likely the only one out there. http://s58.photobuck.../KOA%20SPECIAL/ NOTE: I suck, but at least i'm not Feynman Back to the sale: Comes with OHSC and Case Candy. Nut Wrench, Key, Warrenty Card. Just in case anyone is wondering I did clean up the dust in the cavities and wiped the pups down.