-
Posts
5,218 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by silentman
-
Just finished my parts Esquire thought id share
silentman replied to straightblues's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
cool pickguard! -
You're a tough nut to bust, Lou. Agreed about the wardrobe though. Horrendous stuff. Makes it easier to picture her naked though. Not to tough, actually, but I guess she never did for me. Now Carmen Electra, she does it for me.... Navarro connection...
-
I gotta disagree. She still sucks as a host. And her clothes aren't any better. WTF was that she was weraring? She's been off my hot list for a while. YMMV.
-
Out of all the 'singers', I counted 3 or 4 with some potential. We'll see what else thay sing. As soon as they introduced the ROxanne guy, I said "Oh, no" to my wife. Awful.
-
A funny thing happened in Chicago...again!
silentman replied to RJoseph133's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Score! -
Yeah, but are you bringing your Hamers?
-
Floyd Rose - Good Tone or Tone Killer?
silentman replied to LordOfTheThighs's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
The only floyded guitar I have left is a diablo. All the BS about the tone being thin and bright is unfounded. There are lots of other factors that make up the tone of the guitar. Don't blame the bridge. A guitar with a floyd of kahler or whatever can sound as great as one without. -
Another fan of the Dunlop 65 stuff. I have a kit that has fingerboard cleaner, fingerboard oil, cleaner, polish and string glide. Stuff works great.
-
Since we're not getting any younger
silentman replied to sirDaniel's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Jesus. Uhhhhhgh! -
The funniest guys ever in the HFC are...
silentman replied to Jorge's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Classics. I wish I still had that pic of Spidey on the crapper I found after Joe's waterloo. -
True, although I believe all the Californians have 3-piece maple necks. -Austin Correctomundo... that's why I did not mention the calis.
-
If I recall, the earliest hamers had a one piece neck and then they went to the three piece. Most of the bolt-ons like the daytona, t-51 and diablo had 1 piece necks.
-
Well, he's a lawyer... can they even play with any feeling? Do they have feelings?
-
Anyone use Hot rails type pickup in a strat?
silentman replied to Imiss85's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I have a factory installed setup of a SD Hot Rails in the bridge and a pair of Vintage Rails in my Daytona. The Hot Rails is super loud and will do hard rock and metal sounds no problem, if that's what you are after. It still interacts well with the other pickups and will quack when mixed with the middle pup. I like this pickup as it has a lot of mids, will crunch up nicely and breakup cleans if you push it. Edited to add some porn: -
Reminds me of a time I was doing roadie duty along with some coworkers a few years back. GE Smith's band was playing at our annual convention and we were loading in. My friend was carrying GE's fender amp and placed it on top of someting else. Yep, it fell over and a tube came rolling out. GE calmly walked over and picked it up and didn't say a word. I probably would have flipped out, LOL.
-
Should I spring for the Korina?
silentman replied to Beergoblin's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Ouch! I got a deal... In 2003, it was $400 list to go to korina. (got a 2 piece body) -
Should I spring for the Korina?
silentman replied to Beergoblin's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I've got a BBQ bucker in the Bridge and a Genuine Texas in the neck. -
Should I spring for the Korina?
silentman replied to Beergoblin's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
This is my Korina-backed/necked Standard Custom. In terms of weight, it is a bit lighter than some mahogany ones I've played. BUT you also can have lightweight mahogany. Soundwise it's got more prominent upper-mids and can cut thru very well. I've also got a ebony board on this one, but I don't think it factors into the tone much. I recently put a set of Rio Grande pups in this one and it really opened it up sonically. I don't think there are any other Korina Standard Customs out there that I'm aware of to give you another person's opinion. SOme folks have played this one. -
I've owned a few washburns and lusted after a lot more in a local store. I had a G10V with a wonderbar. Not a bad trem. A bit limiting, but a clever design.
-
WONDER BAR! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
-
I have an Artist 3203. Same head box and chassis, only with a pair of EL34s in the power section. PI tube only in the preamp, so I guess I do have some partially solid state gear, but you'd never know this thing wasn't all tube just by listening to it. I used to have one of those 3203 heads also. It was my first 1/2 stack.
-
Makes no difference. The only thing that matters is you like what you're hearing.