Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

silentman

Members
  • Posts

    5,218
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by silentman

  1. Like mine, then?! Well, I was very curious about the actual look of it (bought it via Willcutt's over the 'net!) as the pictures shown DIFFERED in hue... But when the guitar had arrived after a week and I opened the case for the first time - holding my breath, heart had almost stopped - I saw that it was FANTASTIC. So I guess I'm like you, liking the older hue of Aztec... Here's a pic of my old 96 Studio which was aztec gold.
  2. Hamer is shooting Aztec much lighter and yellow than they used to. The old aztec was more orange in color. I prefer the old one.
  3. The hinge joke never gets old. Of course it probably bothers darc.
  4. Spalted w/ flame...? can't say I've rver seen that. Very cool.
  5. I think the OC is more of a 18+ or really off topic nonsense. Music discussions are welcome on the main board, IMO.
  6. Somebody must have a picture of Flo. It's pretty close to what you have in mind Found one:
  7. Nice, but those damn off center inlays. Super top on that one.
  8. Yes, I was sick *cough*.
  9. My wandering eyes have seen a few setlists. I can't wait. Hopefully they'll do what they did back in 2000 which was warmup for the big DVD and pull out some cool tunes.
  10. Boston show is tonight. I meant to name-drop you Greg, when I was talking to John, but I forgot.
  11. I shot a few seconds of video here and there on my camera, against the rules but they are mindblowing clips.
  12. So John comes by on tour and finally does a clinic in this area. His first in the area since 95ish. Funny thing is Dream Theater was much 'bigger' in terms of radio play in 95 and the clinc back then had about 80 people. This one had about 250. John played 3 tracks karaoke style to backing tracks and then explained what scales he was using and broke it down into simple licks that he used and what techniques that made things seem fancier than what he was actually playing. He went on to tell us that it's the simple things that make a boring melody line interesting like vibrato, pedal point technique, wammy bars, delay, wah, picking location, pickups, etc. Very cool. I bought a new JP 6 and he signed it for me. As I brought it up to him he said "Hey, nice guitar!" LOL! more: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v63/sile...rucci%20Clinic/
  13. Hold the guitar up to a mirror.
  14. Nice pics. Pearl Redburst Petrucci's are cool!
  15. IMO, doesn't effect it at all unless someone fukks it up. It's a maintanence thing for me... Would you want to buy a car that never had an oil change when it was needed?
  16. Cool... No chamber? That probably would have added to the spruce factor.
  17. OK I've been convinced to keep this one by several people. Sorry for the disruption. It's off the market.
  18. All right Greg, now I'm getting sellers remorse. I thought about changing the pickup more than once, since it's such a kick ass guitar. My brother-in-law was commenting on how cool it was this morning and he doesn't know guitars from a hole in the wall.
  19. I can't answer unless you are a serious buyer. Seiously, even though these are all maple, they sound like a strat or equivalent without being bright. The body on these is the same as a diablo.
  20. Not sure off the top of my head... I'll check when I get home
  21. Isn't that basically a later model SS ? It's cool!
  22. http://www.stratcollector.com/newsdesk/archives/000098.html
×
×
  • Create New...