Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

silentman

Members
  • Posts

    5,218
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by silentman

  1. I thought of the same thing.
  2. With case? $350... I'm serious
  3. Early 80's Hamer necks can be on the skinny side. I had gotten a 81 from Kiz that had such a thin neck I swear you could have held it up to the light and saw through it. I have an early 82 that has a medium d shaped neck which is very comfortable to play. I paid $400 for my 82 which is in beaterish condition - lots of dings and rash - but was all original. I've since put a pair of voodoos in it. There aren't too many minty examples around. I'd guess you'd be in the $600 range for a clean one.
  4. Planet waves cables work well with the jacks
  5. Is there a George Michael pic on that roll of film?
  6. Dream Theater - Images and Words, Awake, Scenes From a Memory Journey - Escape Queensryche - Op: Mindcrime, Rage for Order
  7. John, which version do you have? The 3-hole does not contain a stereo out, the F-hole version does. As far as pups go, I yanked the JB in mine and put a BBQ in. I like the way it sounds for what I use it for (rock/high gain). I left the 59 in the neck cuz it sounds good. The BBQ is not so dark that you can't compensate at the amp. This pickup can be bright, it's just voiced differently than your typical JB of 59 that are "stock" hamer bridge choices. I really bought mine for the piezo benefits of playing live. It just brings so much to the songs being able to play them with an acoustic tone instead of clean electric.
  8. On the back of the guitar, you'll find the EQ for the piezo. You can experiment with that as you like. Make sure the volume there is up as high as it goes. I run my 94 with a stereo y-cable. The stereo end goes into a stereo A/B/Y switch box. Acoustic signal goes into a chorus pedal, delay and then a DI into the PA. Electric signal goes to my amp.
  9. The headless is probably a color test
  10. Interesting mish mash of models.
  11. Upload them to photobucket and they will automatically be resized for you.
  12. I've owned an F30 for a while. I like it a lot. Nice crunch on the gain channel, you can hit the contour switch for a more metal sound (recto-ish). Nice clean with lots of headroom. It can be pushed and sounds good with a strat.
  13. Dave, Have you tried shipping from work? Most companies have an account with FedEx, et al. that you can take advantage of the discounts.
  14. To upload you pics, click the BROWSE button under the window where you type your text to reply to a message. Then select the directory on your PC where the pics is and click the file. then hit add reply. Or you can upload to a free pic host on the net like the HFC memberpages or photobucket and upload in a similar fashion. Or you can email someone and they can do it for you. You can send em to me if you like.
  15. you might want to link this on the ovationfanclub.com site. Although chances are they already know aboot it.
  16. dada Enchant Spock's Beard Transatlantic
  17. I played an artist korina HB a week or so ago. Awesome guitar. Had more spank than a tele clean. Didn't like gobs of gain, but it sounded good in that difficult to dial in middle ground.
  18. Jeez, you probably plugged up your sweat glands for good!!!!
  19. Great CD. I'm not a fan of the whole disc, but there are some cool tunes on there. Ray is a fantastic singer. I saw them live open for Great White and Tesla back in the day.
  20. George, I bought it new in 96. I had some talks with a dealer who had a mirage I in stock with that pickup combo. We liked it. He went ahead and ordered the guitar with a few other features - I already had a custom diablo with 6100 frets. The birdseye neck was a Hamer change. I would venture a guess that this was because Hamer was just about ready to move to CT, and they were using up all parts. The guitar was not ordered specifically by me, but when it came in it was so nice, I couldn't resist. Another guy came in the store with cash and wanted to buy it on the spot. Lucky for me the shop called me and gave me passing rights. I put it on layaway on the phone and the other guy was so disappointed. He still asks about the guitar every once in a while. I actually considered selling it in a moment of weakness. It's a keeper.
  21. It's fairly light. Never weighed it though. The hot rails in the bridge is just that: hot. Very un-strat like using that pickup -which I like. Nice crunchy tones and harmonics. The vintage rails are straty enough for me as I'm no way near being a single coil lover. Quacks nicely, zero hum. The neck fairly flat D shape, and the Birdseye is killer looking.
  22. oops double post.
×
×
  • Create New...