-
Posts
5,746 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
60
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by The Shark
-
It has more to do with the length of the cable than anything. My bandmate Steve was a firm believer that a coiled cable sounded better than the same length straight cable. Then, Eric Johnson made it so. Frankly, the treble and presence controls on the amp mitigate the need for a coiled cable. JMHO. I do, however, have a coiled cable in my gig case, if my wireless units fail. It's more of a trip precaution than anything...
-
I'll be at the Sarasota Guitar Show on June 5th, 6th and 7th. I figured I might have some stuff the Hamer Forum faithful might want. I can get pics for you or you can call me, if you PM me for info. I'd prefer to sell the stuff here. All items are shipped free. Rolph PAF set "underwound" for $350. Two really nice aged nickel covers for $45. LovePedal Mosferatu pedal for $145 (has the good transistors). Early Wizz humbuckers (no paperwork and no logos) for $600 (I don't have provenance, but they are the shit). Gibson Rhythm and Lead Pro pickups for $250. Boss Volume Pedal (the industry standard) for $50. Gravelin "Ultimate Charlotte" set for $350. "PTP" Indonesian PAF pickups for $100 (they sound pretty good). Seymour Duncan custom mini-humbucker four conductor pickup for $125. Gibson Sonex 180 pickups known as "Velvet Bricks" by Bill Lawrence for $350. Thorn Staple P-90 set for $350. Ron doesn't sell these anymore. Stewart MacDonald Golden Age 5400-Z/5401-Z set for $100 (highly underrated PAFs). Gibson Pat# from the mid-sixties (re-wind required)) for $150. Generic humbucker for $30??? Gravelin Ultimate Charlotte for $150 (not sure about the measurements, but I can find out!). Fender Tele pickup (generic import model) for $50. Marshall Gold logo reproduction for $40. Nickel Grovers from 2001 for $175. Celestion Greenback 25Watt speakers (2) for $300 (plastic mag covers are damaged, but pickups sound great). Stevens Pat Pend pre-1952 slide for $50. Oahii steel slide for $35. Oahu Diamond thirties slide for $35. Let me know.
-
This is all I have for now. The guitar is in storage and I'm going to get it out about a day or two before the show. The back is mahogany (of course) and the sunburst on the back matches the front. Will Boggs GregWinds with taps. I don't have the original pickups.
- 27 replies
-
- 11
-
-
-
Another Hendrick Guitar. The Mercury...
The Shark replied to The Shark's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Right now, they're "proprietary", but very much in the "G" realm. I have them in another Hendrick and they are really like a lower wind PAF. They remind me of the pickups in my purple sparkle Gretsch Jet that were designed by Tim Shaw. -
Kurt made one for Brad Whitford and one other for a guy in New York (he can't tell me). Both were creamsicle orange. Mine's a different color...
- 2 replies
-
- 10
-
-
85 USA Zulu KK VECTOR on sale
The Shark replied to Dave Scepter's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
My '81 Vector sold easily for my asking price of $2,400 at the Orlando Show. I think the guy that bought it (Allen Mance from The Guitar Buyer) sold it for near 3K. My '81 with binding would go for more than that. -
I'm setting up at the third Sarasota Guitar Show this year. June 6th and 7th, unless you want to pay a fee to get in on dealer day (June 5th). I'll have lots of cool stuff including these guitars, amps and cab w/ lots of parts and collectible stuff: 2006 Robin Avalon Custom w/ double crown inlays (one of ten) / 2017 Thorn Artisan Master Lacewood w/ trem / '22 Gibson Murphy Lab Blonde Kossoff Les Paul / Hamer Rowyco Blue Sparkle Special w/ crowns, Floyd (Gary Moore style) and Will Boggs Gregwinds w/ taps / early seventies Gibson L6-S w/ block inlays (needs frets) / '86 PRS Pre-Standard natural mahogany rare w/ birds / '13 Suhr Archtop Korina body/neck w/ killer quilt top / Ornett's GM-6 Custom quilt top monster Japanese top quality guitar / BC Rich Eagle Supreme quilt top / '06 Robin E-Type Tele-style ash w/ big flamed neck and Dirty Harry pickup / '18 Fender white Eric Johnson thinline with all case candy and brand new condition / '96 PRS Santana I rare natural back / All-Parts Telecaster Custom w/ custom pickups and aging / Robin Japanese Artisan in black w/ Ian Anderson PAF's / Danocaster blonde ash '57 model w/ killer neck / Vaschenko Tele-Paul upscale custom / 2008 HAMER STANDARD w/ SUNBURST FRONT AND BACK / Rhoney custom korina Strat w/ dolphin inlays, flame top and stop tailpiece / All-Parts pink Strat parts guitar aged / PRS Archon 25wt combo w/ '65 Creamback Celestion / PRS archon 1x12 speaker w/ Vintage 30 (sealed back) / JLA Jarrod Lee Hooker combo amp (IYKYK), and lots of other stuff. I'm guessing I'll meet a few of the west coast Floridian Hamer Forum members this time. I can't wait. DR
-
Robin - anyone have one?
The Shark replied to stedge's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I had one that had a postage stamp graphic. Really stupid looking, but great shred guitar. -
The man took $2,800 of my money in August 2024. I've not received one photo or any updates since. When I called him out, he ghosted me. I'll never see the guitar or my money. He said I could have store credit, but at Suggested Retail. Fuck him.
- 28 replies
-
- 12
-
-
Most Famous Person you played with?
The Shark replied to hamerhead's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
It was the Harvest Moon Saloon! I couldn't remember. Cool.