Hfan Posted August 7, 2025 Posted August 7, 2025 Are these good? Never tried them. https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/ghs-light-electric-guitar-boomers-12-pack-box/l99304000001000?irclickid=y7AQ8R1TOxycU1nVIgRcNy3xUkpxOrzfPVZkXM0&irpid=2237075&irmpname=VerticalScope Inc.&source=3ACJWXX2&irgwc=1
burningyen Posted August 7, 2025 Posted August 7, 2025 I'm a 9s guy, but Boomers are my go-to strings. I figure good enough for Gilmour, good enough for me.
kizanski Posted August 7, 2025 Posted August 7, 2025 22 minutes ago, Hfan said: Are these good? Never tried them. I love GHS Boomers, and at that price ($3.30/pack) it's a no-brainer.
shankyboy Posted August 7, 2025 Posted August 7, 2025 I just snagged mine! This Boomer has been using Boomers for over 30 years. I have tried other brands a few times and always go right back to these.
velorush Posted August 7, 2025 Posted August 7, 2025 Another Boomer Boomer since the early 90's. They seem to last longer and break less frequently to me.
Hfan Posted August 7, 2025 Author Posted August 7, 2025 Thanks for the reviews. This Boomer will be trying them for the first time.
Saul Goodman Posted August 7, 2025 Posted August 7, 2025 3 hours ago, Hfan said: Thanks for the reviews. This Boomer will be trying them for the first time. I like these. I don't like the packaging. It's huge. I'm not sure why they chose this instead of just packaging 12 units in a box. The packaging is so huge that I stuffed it somewhere and I can't for the life of me remember where.
Travis Posted August 8, 2025 Posted August 8, 2025 I switch between Boomers and D’Addarios based on the sale. I can’t tell a difference. I’ll use one for a few years and then the other. Maybe it’s just me…. 🤷🏻♂️
BadgerDave Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 Just received mine. I was expecting 12 sets of 6 strings in regular packaging. These are all individual strings, 12 of each gauge. I'm not disappointed, just surprised.
shankyboy Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 On 8/7/2025 at 11:52 PM, Travis said: I switch between Boomers and D’Addarios based on the sale. I can’t tell a difference. I’ll use one for a few years and then the other. Maybe it’s just me…. 🤷🏻♂️ Every once in a while Matt Smith gives me a batch of D'Addarios when I go to his studio. I agree that they feel the same.
shankyboy Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 9 hours ago, BadgerDave said: Just received mine. I was expecting 12 sets of 6 strings in regular packaging. These are all individual strings, 12 of each gauge. I'm not disappointed, just surprised. I like that packaging. I wonder if that particular packaging is intended for techs.
kizanski Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 5 minutes ago, shankyboy said: I agree that they feel the same. Funny how everyone's experience is different. I never liked D'Addarios but love Boomers. The D'Addarios feel flat a dull to me, even when brand new, while the Boomers feel bright and loud.
Travis Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 Oh yeah, and before the mega pack of D’Addarios I got at the last stupid deal sale, I was using Ernie Ball Slinky’s for a while… 🤷🏻♂️
BadgerDave Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 10 hours ago, kizanski said: I never liked D'Addarios but love Boomers. The D'Addarios feel flat a dull to me, even when brand new, while the Boomers feel bright and loud. I agree. D'Addarios feel stiff and sound lifeless to me. Plus, I absolutely hate the stupid colored ball ends, especially on guitars with stop tailpieces where they're visible.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.