HamerHokie Posted September 22 Posted September 22 All I know is: The BB Preamp is sorta based on the Marshall Bluesbreaker The AC Boost is sorta based on the AC30 but not in a Rangemaster way The EP Boost is based on the Echoplex preamp circuit I have no idea what the RC and AH Boosts are I can't find any comprehensive comparison vids. I have found a few that compare two boosters max. I think my rig would benefit by putting an AC Boost V2 in the front end, but I'd like to know more about the others first. Quote
RobB Posted September 22 Posted September 22 I'd bet a quick email to xotic will get you the answers you need. 1 Quote
velorush Posted September 22 Posted September 22 I knew I had seen this years ago (GOOD GRIEF I JUST LOOKED - 18 YEARS AGO!). Maybe this helps. It's not all of them, but maybe what they had out at the time. I will say, the EP Booster is some of the best magic I've ever had on a board. I sold mine when I purged years ago (still reacquiring basics...). 3 Quote
hamerhead Posted September 22 Posted September 22 6 minutes ago, velorush said: ....I will say, the EP Booster is some of the best magic I've ever had on a board. .... Yep - mine is an 'always on' pedal. 5 Quote
alantig Posted Wednesday at 05:26 PM Posted Wednesday at 05:26 PM 21 hours ago, velorush said: I knew I had seen this years ago (GOOD GRIEF I JUST LOOKED - 18 YEARS AGO!). Maybe this helps. It's not all of them, but maybe what they had out at the time. I will say, the EP Booster is some of the best magic I've ever had on a board. I sold mine when I purged years ago (still reacquiring basics...). 21 hours ago, hamerhead said: Yep - mine is an 'always on' pedal. Same here. Every now and then I turn it off and wonder why I did that. 4 Quote
murkat Posted Thursday at 12:12 AM Posted Thursday at 12:12 AM The EP is crack for any pedalboard 3 Quote
jwhitcomb3 Posted Thursday at 03:00 AM Posted Thursday at 03:00 AM The RC Boost (2-button version) is the only pedal I use in tandem with my multi-effect as an always on front-end sweetener. Not louder, no noticeable mid cut/boost, just...better! I miss it when it's not there. 3 Quote
Ua D Posted Thursday at 03:37 AM Posted Thursday at 03:37 AM (edited) I concur. My ep booster is an almost always on pedal. especially clean settings. one of the few pedals I use. Edited Thursday at 03:37 AM by Ua D 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.