Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

Posted

All I know is:

  • The BB Preamp is sorta based on the Marshall Bluesbreaker
  • The AC Boost is sorta based on the AC30 but not in a Rangemaster way
  • The EP Boost is based on the Echoplex preamp circuit
  • I have no idea what the RC and AH Boosts are

I can't find any comprehensive comparison vids.  I have found a few that compare two boosters max.

I think my rig would benefit by putting an AC Boost V2 in the front end, but I'd like to know more about the others first.

 

 

Posted

I knew I had seen this years ago (GOOD GRIEF I JUST LOOKED - 18 YEARS AGO!). Maybe this helps. It's not all of them, but maybe what they had out at the time. 

I will say, the EP Booster is some of the best magic I've ever had on a board. I sold mine when I purged years ago (still reacquiring basics...).

  • Like 3
Posted
6 minutes ago, velorush said:

....I will say, the EP Booster is some of the best magic I've ever had on a board. ....

Yep - mine is an 'always on' pedal.

  • Like 5
Posted
21 hours ago, velorush said:

I knew I had seen this years ago (GOOD GRIEF I JUST LOOKED - 18 YEARS AGO!). Maybe this helps. It's not all of them, but maybe what they had out at the time. 

I will say, the EP Booster is some of the best magic I've ever had on a board. I sold mine when I purged years ago (still reacquiring basics...).

 

21 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Yep - mine is an 'always on' pedal.

Same here.  Every now and then I turn it off and wonder why I did that.

  • Haha 4
Posted

The RC Boost (2-button version) is the only pedal I use in tandem with my multi-effect as an always on front-end sweetener. Not louder, no noticeable mid cut/boost, just...better! I miss it when it's not there.

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I concur.  My ep booster is an almost always on pedal.  especially clean settings.  one of the few pedals I use. 

Edited by Ua D
  • Like 3
Posted

Until I make a decision I'm experimenting with a spare MXR Timmy as a clean boost in front of my EH Soul Food.  Gain adjusted to zero, clipping switch set to the middle position to maximize headroom, volume set in various places to test results.  It worked pretty well last weekend.

  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...