HamerCustomEr Posted Thursday at 11:15 PM Posted Thursday at 11:15 PM Wow, good video. What a turnaround! 1 1 Quote
velorush Posted Friday at 03:00 PM Posted Friday at 03:00 PM I agree with his assessment that in the 'passion space' (I take that to mean non-essentials) it works better to have someone who shares the passion. His persistent high talking, however, made his answers incredibly annoying.* I haven't been in a GC in years, but I visited the Louisville KY GC last month. They've a ways to go implementing his ideas. I'm no nuclear engineer, but past swipes at vertical integration haven't worked out well. GC and others have tried their hand at manufacturing (or contracted manufacturing) their own product lines and I am not aware of a single instance of success. It diverts resources and attention. Do what you do. [/opinion] *TIME MACHINE ASSIGNMENT #2: seek out and eliminate the originator of high talking (assignment #1, of course, is to seek out and eliminate the person(s) who decided the means of interfacing with a computer would be through a typewriter analog - good grief what an epic mistake) Quote
hamerhead Posted Friday at 10:44 PM Posted Friday at 10:44 PM It's nice they have an actual musician - one with a brain! - running the show. It can't hurt. Haven't been in a GC in a couple years, but the last time I was there it was not impressive. Kids running the store and shit laying everywhere. And you better know what you need because they didn't have a clue. Hopefully they get it together. As for their new guitar adventure, it'll be interesting. Their size might keep them in the game for a while. Their house brands Mitchell and Harbinger are really decent for the money but are not in the USA-made mid-tier space they are targeting. Still, I'll go to Dave's. With it being about the same distance away (opposite direction), I'd rather go where I know the guys have some knowledge of what they're selling. Quote
RobB Posted Friday at 11:59 PM Posted Friday at 11:59 PM (edited) GC ain’t gonna do shee-IT. They’ll just keep sloughing along being GC, selling beginner/midline gear to hobbyists. Like Tower Records, their empire has grown too huge to manage. They’ll transfer from receivership to receivership until, eventually…. Hasn’t happened yet, though. I will probably be proved wrong. Edited Saturday at 10:20 PM by RobB Quote
jwhitcomb3 Posted Saturday at 11:54 AM Posted Saturday at 11:54 AM The only thing worse than engineer guitarist CEO would be an engineer lawyer guitarist CEO. -Jonathan (BSEE, JD) 1 3 Quote
Brooks Posted Saturday at 12:30 PM Posted Saturday at 12:30 PM GC.com used inventory is where they remain relevant for me, maybe 75% of my gear comes from there. Lands on your porch, test drive up to 45 days, return locally if its not a keeper. 4 1 Quote
BadgerDave Posted Saturday at 12:58 PM Posted Saturday at 12:58 PM I predict that the GC "mid tier" guitar will be made in the Cort factory in Indonesia, look very much like a PRS and sell for $1,500.00 with a gig bag. 2 Quote
Spinaltap Posted Saturday at 03:02 PM Posted Saturday at 03:02 PM It was recently announced that GC is opening a store in Stamford where I live. It's a huge space, so... 1 Quote
BadgerDave Posted Saturday at 10:05 PM Posted Saturday at 10:05 PM There are nine GC stores within an hour's drive of my home. Two are excellent. The others occasionally have some interesting used inventory. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.