Hamer Fan Club Message Center

"Firstfruits" of FMIC take-over

Gino

I know we had quite a discussion on the board when the news of Fender taking over Kaman and thus Hamer USA hit the public. We don't know if anything will change in terms of actual guitars, BUT there is a noticable change in marketing policy, alright!!

Yesterday I browsed the factory page / international dealers section an lo and behold, all the partly obscure little European dealerships (you remember the trouble I had with the German distributor...?!) have been substituted by the respective national Fender distribution.

I thought "Why not give it a shot?" and mailed the German Fender place for a catalogue and a list of German retailers.

Got an answer within 30 minutes (mind you, the distributor before Fender didn't even bother to answer my e-mail!) telling me that a catalogue is on the way and that they're still working on dealerships but they already gave me one dealer in Berlin!

Today I picked the catalogue out of my mailbox - the first piece of Hamer literature in my hands since a 1993 broschure!!

Tragically, I don't have the cash for an order on my hands right now, but I sure wonder how smooth that would go...

So far a big thumbs up for Fender!

Jabs' shop (does he run one??) would probably be in Hannover where the 'Scorpions gang' has been for decades - about a 2 1/2 hour ride from where I live. Hannover's kinda provincal as well... ;) .

Just checked the site: No, his shop is in Munich - 6 hour ride, but a MUCH nicer place :lol:

OOPS! I thought it was in Berlin.

Strange question for you Gino, ever met a girl/woman from Berlin named Ilona Urban that played a Black Blitz? :lol:;);)

Nope, never met that lady, but I haven't really been 'hamer-aware' until 2006 (and up to 1980...). But then again there'a a whole lot of musicians running around 4 million Berliners...

I read you. I have not heard from her since 1989. ;):PB)

Cute Brunette that I met in London the night before I came back to the states. She had my interest as she mauled my jacket reading my buttons and pins. She stopped at the Explorer pin and then she had my heart when she whipped out a wallet sized photo of her guitar. :lol:;):P

Cute Brunette that I met in London the night before I came back to the states. She had my interest as she mauled my jacket reading my buttons and pins. She stopped at the Explorer pin and then she had my heart when she whipped out a wallet sized photo of her guitar. :lol:;);)

and you came back?

I read you. I have not heard from her since 1989. :PB):D

Cute Brunette that I met in London the night before I came back to the states. She had my interest as she mauled my jacket reading my buttons and pins. She stopped at the Explorer pin and then she had my heart when she whipped out a wallet sized photo of her guitar. ;):P:D

THE PERFECT WOMAN !!! ;):lol:;)

I read you. I have not heard from her since 1989. ;):P:lol:

Cute Brunette that I met in London the night before I came back to the states. She had my interest as she mauled my jacket reading my buttons and pins. She stopped at the Explorer pin and then she had my heart when she whipped out a wallet sized photo of her guitar. ;):PB)

Maybe here: http://www.facebook.com/people/Ilona_Urban/587575585

Brunette, in the UK, cute...but taken--or at least the mother of someone's child :D

Or better yet, www.thomann.de/de/classified_14_type1.html and search the page for her name. It's in German, but it shouldn't be hard to find an online translator.

Archived