Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS Maybe 96 Hamer Mirage II SOLD!

Mirage II in Trans Red, this is the one I scored on ebay last week. I'll do the run through and post pics but I'm not shure about flipping it yet. It turned out to be a great playing and sounding axe. Which it oughta be its a Hamer. But seriously, no B.S. the condition of the Back, Neck, Headstock are in fantastic condition almost like new. The Top of the guitar has mutiple dings in it and a couple of nicks that have penatrated the Clearcoat. Nothing to the wood. Basicly it looks like it was lightly played but someone was very careless when they whipped their cord around before plugging in (Alot). Great Top though, semi straight grain that show up nicley. Some haze just under the High E. Definetly can be buffed out. The Neck has a one of the best looking fretboards, its dark and looks very well conditioned. On the 2 and 14 postion Bass side it has two spots of Hameritious. It is not pulling way but its there.

Tone wise its a smack dab in the middle of a Daytona and a Studio. I'm liking the Scale length and the acoustic sound of this guitar is loud and clear. I'm not a fan of the Jb much anymore but with the scale lengh it adds just enought hair without being mushy. Just a great all around player.

Heres what i'm asking so pm me if you want in line for it. $485.00 shipped. Ships, set up with Fender Tweed Case and extra set of strings. SORRY NO WANG BAR....

103_1635.jpg

103_1637.jpg

103_1638.jpg

103_1640.jpg

103_1643.jpg

103_1645.jpg

103_1647.jpg

103_1649.jpg

103_1651.jpg

103_1656.jpg

Forgot to mention the built in "Reverb Unit". While I was playing acousticly with it last night I was floored on how well the springs work as a good, lite, reverb. Cool. Price is now $1250. :lol:

Thanks Pieman, I figure one of us Needs a good Mirage.

The deal may look real, but it's just a mirage. Nyuk nyuk.

That's the first red mirage II (or is it a Mirage Maple Top?) that I've seen. I've had 2 of the trans Blue ones , should have never let the first one good, shoot! Anyways I have a Trans Red Mirage (or Mirage I as some call them) and it's the only one in red I've seen. Mirage's of either model I or II were/are great guitars IMHO. Congrats on a great snag.

That's the first red mirage II (or is it a Mirage Maple Top?) that I've seen. I've had 2 of the trans Blue ones , should have never let the first one good, shoot! Anyways I have a Trans Red Mirage (or Mirage I as some call them) and it's the only one in red I've seen. Mirage's of either model I or II were/are great guitars IMHO. Congrats on a great snag.

Actually I think transparent red was a standard production finish on the Mirage Maple Tops. Probably about even production between kool blue and trans red I would imagine. However that transparent red over koa Mirage I of your's is quite unusual (I think I've seen one other besides your guitar). Couldn't agree more with you that the Mirage's are great guitars. To find one in nice shape first on ebay and then here for under $500 shipped is a great score for sure!

I've been remiss in my duties. Bubs was a great guy to deal with on this one. Great communication and easy transaction.

As for the guitar. Played it. I thought about replacing the 59/JB pups with Rio Grandes. But instead, I broke out the soldering iron and swapped the stock capacitor with a Hovland Musicap I had in the parts drawer. The value of the capacitor was a little lower than the standard Hamer .01 uF.

I've never really been a fan of the 59/JB. Always thought they sounded muddy and dark. In this particuar guitar with a cap that works really well to clean up the mud and let those higher frequencies shine through. I'm in heaven. The guitar absolutely rawks. Horsed around with various settings on the TM60 and I can't believe how they clean up and sparkle when playing clean. And I'm totally digging the crunch. I love this guitar.

Archived