MR714 Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 Hey all, Well it's time to thin the herd, clean the closet or whatever your favorite catch phrase for this is! Again I offer these to you first to keep them in the family. If there are no bites by Sunday, off to Evilbay! This time on the chopping block are 3 Mirage II's. All are in excellent shape (the Kool Blue has the excess glue in the neck joint or 'hameritis' and the Natural has some oxidization on the pickup covers and bridge) with all original parts (including the tremolo arms) and OHSC The first is a Koa. SOLD!!! Next is in Kool Blue. $850 plus shipping. And last, but not least is the Natural. SOLD!!! Shipping would be $30 in the continental US. (unless Lady Scary up north is interested!) Cashiers check or money order is preferred. I will accept Paypal if you pick up the fees. Feel free to email me at mattsmusicalpage@yahoo.com with any questions or for additional pics. Thanks in advance!
Bloozguy Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 They all look killer, especially the natural. I've never seen a natural finish maple-top Mirage before and I'm working real hard at convincing myself that I don't need it
Feynman Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 Bubs!!! Have you been watering our money tree?I need to deny myself access to the For Sale section around here.All beauties.
BubbaVO Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 Have you been watering our money tree? All beauties. Well...it wasn't quite water. Think of it as "organically recycled H2O". I do remember a blonde Mirage II on Ebay a few years ago. The seller wanted around $700 for it. But there was quite a bit of wear and dings. And the obligatory Keith Richards cigarette burns up by the tuners. This one looks to be in much better shape.
bubs_42 Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 Bubs!!! Have you been watering our money tree? I need to deny myself access to the For Sale section around here. All beauties. Only thing thats keeping me married right now is that I can't see the pictures at work. I've been thinking about selling my 03 Studio to fund another purchase. I'm really digging the 90's Hamers. The neck carves are awsome. Plus the weights and feel are fantastic. P.S. its suppose to rain tonight!
bubs_42 Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 Damn I can't believe I looked at this thread again. A Koa Mirage for $750 WTF is wrong with you people!
BubbaVO Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 Bubs!!! Have you been watering our money tree? I need to deny myself access to the For Sale section around here. All beauties. Only thing thats keeping me married right now is that I can't see the pictures at work. I've been thinking about selling my 03 Studio to fund another purchase. I'm really digging the 90's Hamers. The neck carves are awsome. Plus the weights and feel are fantastic. P.S. its suppose to rain tonight! I can't believe you sold me that red M II. It was already one of the most resonant guitars i've played...With a vitamin q cap/BG pups/megaswitch that thing is a killer. It's dinged up but those are beauty marks to me. I will just be in shock if you pass up one of these knowing what great guitars these are. no pressure. : )
Travis Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 How many different colors did the Mirage Maple tops come in? Obviously blue, natural and red. Any others?
bubs_42 Posted May 12, 2010 Posted May 12, 2010 Bubs!!! Have you been watering our money tree? I need to deny myself access to the For Sale section around here. All beauties. Only thing thats keeping me married right now is that I can't see the pictures at work. I've been thinking about selling my 03 Studio to fund another purchase. I'm really digging the 90's Hamers. The neck carves are awsome. Plus the weights and feel are fantastic. P.S. its suppose to rain tonight! I can't believe you sold me that red M II. It was already one of the most resonant guitars i've played...With a vitamin q cap/BG pups/megaswitch that thing is a killer. It's dinged up but those are beauty marks to me. I will just be in shock if you pass up one of these knowing what great guitars these are. no pressure. : ) Well, you were looking for one and I had one at a good price. It's a great guitar and don't forget I bought that Mirage I with the 3 P90's. But that Koa with Humbuckers is calling my name. Hell the Blue and Natural one's are awsome too.
Carl.B Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 Dam, Dam, Dam, Dam, Dam! There is a hole in the wall from my forehead banging it in frustration. I am trying like hell not to say yes, if this was a month ago 1 of those 3 would be mine...If i could get a cheap divorce because that what it will take to free up the $$$, or I could use the kid's student loan money who say's it has to be used for school! I am sure there are a few of use who used that money for ill gotten booty. Good luck with the sale
atquinn Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 How many different colors did the Mirage Maple tops come in? Obviously blue, natural and red. Any others?I had an amber/honey-topped one. I'm trying very hard to not look at that Koa one too much.-Austin
Travis Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 The koa one is my front runner because I think it would match my Mirage I quite nicely. That kool blue is dead sexy, too...Maybe I should start a Mirage collection and havev 1 of each in all available colors...
veatch Posted May 13, 2010 Posted May 13, 2010 Maybe I should start a Mirage collection and havev 1 of each in all available colors... A wise friend once told me: "Anything is cool if you have enough of them..." Of course, Mirages are already cool by themselves.
BubbaVO Posted May 14, 2010 Posted May 14, 2010 Bubs!!! Have you been watering our money tree? I need to deny myself access to the For Sale section around here. All beauties. Only thing thats keeping me married right now is that I can't see the pictures at work. I've been thinking about selling my 03 Studio to fund another purchase. I'm really digging the 90's Hamers. The neck carves are awsome. Plus the weights and feel are fantastic. P.S. its suppose to rain tonight! I can't believe you sold me that red M II. It was already one of the most resonant guitars i've played...With a vitamin q cap/BG pups/megaswitch that thing is a killer. It's dinged up but those are beauty marks to me. I will just be in shock if you pass up one of these knowing what great guitars these are. no pressure. : ) Well, you were looking for one and I had one at a good price. It's a great guitar and don't forget I bought that Mirage I with the 3 P90's. But that Koa with Humbuckers is calling my name. Hell the Blue and Natural one's are awsome too. Isn't it hard to get a Koa with anything for less than $1,000. Seems like a great deal.
bubs_42 Posted May 14, 2010 Posted May 14, 2010 Bubs!!! Have you been watering our money tree? I need to deny myself access to the For Sale section around here. All beauties. Only thing thats keeping me married right now is that I can't see the pictures at work. I've been thinking about selling my 03 Studio to fund another purchase. I'm really digging the 90's Hamers. The neck carves are awsome. Plus the weights and feel are fantastic. P.S. its suppose to rain tonight! I can't believe you sold me that red M II. It was already one of the most resonant guitars i've played...With a vitamin q cap/BG pups/megaswitch that thing is a killer. It's dinged up but those are beauty marks to me. I will just be in shock if you pass up one of these knowing what great guitars these are. no pressure. : ) Well, you were looking for one and I had one at a good price. It's a great guitar and don't forget I bought that Mirage I with the 3 P90's. But that Koa with Humbuckers is calling my name. Hell the Blue and Natural one's are awsome too. Isn't it hard to get a Koa with anything for less than $1,000. Seems like a great deal. I've seen Figured Koa planks on ebay go for more than this guitar. I'm on a budget or I would have already bought it. I really don't want to move anything I have at the moment, I think...
MR714 Posted May 14, 2010 Author Posted May 14, 2010 The KOA is on hold pending payment.Are the maples going to be subject to evilbay???(No Rush reference intended lol)
bubs_42 Posted May 14, 2010 Posted May 14, 2010 The KOA is on hold pending payment.Are the maples going to be subject to evilbay???(No Rush reference intended lol)Thank God that's on hold.
MR714 Posted May 14, 2010 Author Posted May 14, 2010 Bubs, you can exhale. The Koa has been claimed!!!
Travis Posted May 14, 2010 Posted May 14, 2010 Damn... I knew I waited too long. I really would have liked that koa to match my Mirage I. Oh well, I'll have to check out the maples and see about starting my Mirage collection in a little different order than I originally saw...
MR714 Posted May 16, 2010 Author Posted May 16, 2010 Last call for the last one!!!Kool Blue is left. Any takers before ebay tonight???Thanks Travis! It was a pleasure meeting you today!!!
bubs_42 Posted May 16, 2010 Posted May 16, 2010 Awsome Travis did you get the Blonde? The Blue was my second choice but alast no cash and damn the luck that I'm left with only keepers.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.