Rodan Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 No affiliation, though I've played this one unplugged and it's CLEAN...http://www.rocknroll...e-Bass-SunburstI've just noticed that this is the same shape as the old Phantom... Huh.
Bass Guy Dave Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Gorgeous! Is that a bound body, also?
cmatthes Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Yep, it's a bound body. Matches this cool Phantom!
Shark Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Just saw ... it's on ebay now ...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370563127503&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en
gorch Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Never mind da basses. Da Phantom is damn cool too.
bubs_42 Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Now that is a cool Phantom! Whats the story on that one?
mc2 Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Yeah, nice bass. I thought about snagging it about a month back but that store is really bad aboutsending extra photos, etc. when they say they will.They also had a mint, NOS "still in the shipping box" 1969/70 SUNN 2000S head and cab. I called with cash but only if it had the earlier 1969 grill. They actually would not poke a small hole in the box to check which grill it had. (?!?!?!)You would think customer service would go up, as the economy goes down but apparetnly not.
elduave Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Wow! How very RD CMT-ish.They were super nice to me on the phone.
MCChris Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 They also had a mint, NOS "still in the shipping box" 1969/70 SUNN 2000S head and cab. I called with cash but only if it had the earlier 1969 grill. They actually would not poke a small hole in the box to check which grill it had. (?!?!?!)I wouldn't be so quick to compromise the sealed shipping box of a NOS item from the '60s unless the cash were physically sitting in front of me on the counter. And even then I'd think twice.
cmatthes Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 If it was the "wrong" grille, wouldn't that potentially devalue the whole "Sealed in the box, NOS" thing to a collector looking for that kind of thing?
mc2 Posted November 30, 2011 Posted November 30, 2011 Yeah, they were nice to me on the phone too....they just don't folow thru on emailing extra pics like they say they will. They've done that on a couple of basses I called about. At least there is more than just ONE photo on EBAY, unlike their website. As far as the NOS SUNN in the original box.....the boxes have some dents and tears already. I don't see how poking a one-inch rond peep hole to check which grill (durng a transition period) would make a big difference. I didn;t ask them to OPEN the box. They already were aksing a crazy price....I would think a guy who they know owns four of the same rigs and says he'd buy it if it was the early grill, might be someone you'd bother to look for. Oh well.
geobluto Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 Never mind da basses.. Really Sweet top and binding on that bass!!!! Congrats to the one who scores this bass!
Shark Posted December 1, 2011 Posted December 1, 2011 Yeah, they were nice to me on the phone too....they just don't folow thru on emailing extra pics like they say they will. They've done that on a couple of basses I called about. At least there is more than just ONE photo on EBAY, unlike their website. As far as the NOS SUNN in the original box.....the boxes have some dents and tears already. I don't see how poking a one-inch rond peep hole to check which grill (durng a transition period) would make a big difference. I didn;t ask them to OPEN the box. They already were aksing a crazy price....I would think a guy who they know owns four of the same rigs and says he'd buy it if it was the early grill, might be someone you'd bother to look for. Oh well. Hey Jon that's a hell of a nice stack !!!
Shark Posted December 2, 2011 Posted December 2, 2011 Ebay auction earlier ended. And ...anybody here got it?
roadrunnerld Posted December 3, 2011 Posted December 3, 2011 What's this bass worth? I've never seen another like it. Must have been a special order.
mc2 Posted December 4, 2011 Posted December 4, 2011 The store had it marked at $850 before they threw it up on EBAY after it sat for a month. I'm guessing they did a direct off EBAY sale for $800-850?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.