Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bonnaroo Music Festival on YouTube this weekend

Anyone else enjoying this cool deal? Alice Cooper in about 20 minutes!! Phish has been good listening. Playing part of 2001 Space Oddessy right now.

Damn, wanted to see Alice. Got to head out in about 25 minutes. Maybe I'll catch a glimpse? I was on there earlier. It sure is cool to be able to watch as Crunchee stated!

I watched/had it on from 8pm until now. I had to reset it a couple times but they did not shut it off. Kenny Rogers singing The Gambler with Phish was awesome! Alice with Orithani and Ryan Roxie and that third dude was a real powerhouse. Almost Molly Hatchetesque. B)

Yup - thought it was decent set AC did. Sounded pretty hoarse for those first few numbers, was wondering how he was gonna get thru the set. Smoothed out a bit after that and kinda settled in. Coupla surprises in the encore/ending to keep things interesting.

Yup - thought it was decent set AC did. Sounded pretty hoarse for those first few numbers, was wondering how he was gonna get thru the set. Smoothed out a bit after that and kinda settled in. Coupla surprises in the encore/ending to keep things interesting.

It was just the second show of the new tour for him. Still tuning the engine. Orianthi is a smoking player and in her second year with the Coop. That 3 guitar attack is killer. Who would have expected that encore cover ?? They go on the road with Iron Maiden for a month in a few days. That is a solid package.

Coops on now: Black Widow, ??, I'm Eighteen, Under My Wheels, Billion Dollar Babies, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Hey Stupid, ??, __ Shit on my face!! __Halo Of Flies - I never thought I'd see him perform this one. The were dead on too, very tight. That was my favorite song in the 5th grade. Bite Your Face off, Muscle Of Love, Izonly Wizoman Blizeed - dances with his blow-me-up-suck-me-suzie doll --Classic!!, Cold Ethyl :D , Feed My Frankenstein, Cafeine

Went to lunch and missed the rest. :unsure: Hopefully will be available on YouTube or another rebroadcast.

All of those bands and you guys waste your time on Alice Cooper?

All of his songs are weak, his horror schtick is like... yawn. I can't believe he's part of the line-up. I thought this festival was about young people and their music. What twenty something even knows who Cooper is? Classic rock stations don't even play his music anymore, he's irrelevant.

I thought this festival was about young people and their music. What twenty something even knows who Cooper is? Classic rock stations don't even play his music anymore, he's irrelevant.

Classic rock stations play his music as much as they ever did (rarely). Many cities also play around 20 hours each week of "NIghts with Alice Cooper" across the US, Canada, Europe and Australia. That's hardly irrelevant.

I'm sure there are more people that agree with you than disagree, but there are still enough that like him at 64 years old to keep a crowd in front of his stage. Young people's music doesn't have to come from young musicians.

Seems his performance went over very well at Bonnaroo. From the youtube feed the place was packed and they were into it. Most of the reviews say his performance was one of the best at the festival.

ACG was pretty large and extremely valid to young folks in the early 70's. Most of us crusty buggers watch now for the nostalgia trip, others to check out Orianthi, others just to see the stage presentation. Gotta remember it's rock theater from a different time/mindset, don't hate or judge based on that. And yah - we know it's cheese - but it's OUR cheese. ;)

I don't get the hate, troll comments and derision directed toward AC coming from the Phish-fans at Bonnaroo on the streaming comments. It's all music kiddies - pick your poison and engage it; if you don't dig it, think it's valid or relate to it in any way, move on. Personally, I'd take AC over Phish any day o' the week and twice on Sundays. Phish are a fine band - tight, inventive, evoke many of the same qualities as The Dead. Only so much of that boring dreck jam stuff I can take though as 80% sounds the same after a few tunes. Ditto RadioHead - one of my "bucket list" bands to see live fo' sho', but fekk their Bonnaroo set on Friday was mostly a snoozefest with a few rare moments of pure excitement thrown in for good measure.

All of those bands and you guys waste your time on Alice Cooper?

All of his songs are weak, his horror schtick is like... yawn. I can't believe he's part of the line-up. I thought this festival was about young people and their music. What twenty something even knows who Cooper is? Classic rock stations don't even play his music anymore, he's irrelevant.

Man Zen, Cut me to the quick! Alice Cooper was the king of my boyhood from 5th ('73) grade up into high school. None of the other bands who played the festival were around back then (excepting Kenny Rogers) So there is no nostalgia with them like there is with Coop. Do I listen to Coop now, rarely. Would I buy his albums now, no. Do I think he's cool, yes, over the top. He overcame severe alcohol dependency and other demons, rose on to the top and is a healthy and kind individual with a healthy family. I can remember seeing him in the 70's; he sounded like shit. He couldn't sing in tune and his voice sounded like a weasel and he was out of breath, possibly from all the drinking. I was disappointed in my idol after that. What I saw today is The Coop he should have been then, and the man is 65 years old too and looked and sounded strong. So that's why I wasted my time watching him. I also watched other bands too. I watched about 4 minutes of Das Racist, that's 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back. "All of his songs are weak" The early stuff I liked then were well written and performed. Just like I said above, Halo of flies was incredible. I saw the Melvins play it but is wasn't The Coop. "What 20 something knows him" How 'bout my boy who is not yet 18. And you can look at any concert photos and see young people. He's huge over seas too. "Classic rock stations don't play him" I just heard School's out the other day. Besides, classic rock stations around here are playing Linkin Park, Dead First, and Metallica.

The Halo of Flies version from Bonnaroo is Killer. That song is 40 years old and it still smokes. Should be required viewing by any young band that thinks they know what rock is. Muscianship, showmanship and balls to the wall rock n roll. If you get a chance, watch his School's Out performance. He keeps that fresh by mixing in parts of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall. One hell of a tight band.

We dont have to defend Alice. He stands up real well on his own in his high heels. Bet ya didn't know Alice and The Doors were good friends and played around L.A. together. Irrelavent in 2012? :blink::rolleyes:^_^ Man Please.

He keeps that fresh by mixing in parts of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall.

Keeping things fresh by mixing in parts of a 30+-year-old song? Can't say I agree with that take, but Alice is indeed still bringing it.

The hippies are cheesed that bands like Alice Cooper are playing at Bonnaroo because it represents how the fest has become bloated, corporate and a far, far cry from what it was originally. Not unlike how the Sunset Strip rockers are still bitter toward the grunge nerds for kicking their asses to the curb. Or how you like a band when they're obscure, but when they become mainstream, you like them less.

Archived