ARM OF HAMER Posted February 3, 2014 Posted February 3, 2014 Not a guitar but it would be cool to have...............http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-guitar-strap-checkered-/131108647431?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1e86af3207
rugby1970 Posted February 3, 2014 Posted February 3, 2014 Agree, but $60 and several more days to go? I'm going to stop acquiring guitars and start buying straps!
Never2Late Posted February 3, 2014 Posted February 3, 2014 If you think you can score this one for anything less than $150, go for it....
rugby1970 Posted February 3, 2014 Posted February 3, 2014 That's probably where it's headed. Imagine if you bought a gross of these decades ago for what? Let's say $5 each x 144 = $720. Selling today at $150 each = $21, 600 less fees etc. I'm in the wrong business!!
cmatthes Posted February 3, 2014 Posted February 3, 2014 That's probably where it's headed. Imagine if you bought a gross of these decades ago for what? Let's say $5 each x 144 = $720. Selling today at $150 each = $21, 600 less fees etc. I'm in the wrong business!!I bought a lot of them in the '80s from Hamer at $10/each. Still have all but one or two - those were my main straps for almost 20 years or so.
oldskoolrulz Posted February 3, 2014 Posted February 3, 2014 wow, i can see wanting one if you had a 70's or 80's model Hamer but that's a little crazy otherwise. this post reminded me to check for a newer version checkerboard strap on ebay, these dunlop's are pretty sweet for the $ imho...http://www.ebay.com/itm/171230938232?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
velorush Posted February 3, 2014 Posted February 3, 2014 I'm fond of these from Levy's as a cheap substitute. I've got a couple - not as nice as the real ones, but they're fine for my purposes. ETA: the Dunlop, on the other hand, seems to look more like the original woven strap. Might have to check that out.
ARM OF HAMER Posted February 4, 2014 Author Posted February 4, 2014 $150.00? sounds realistic for what it might sell for........................can't remember the last time I have seen one though. What has been said here so many times.....................what its worth is what someone is willing to pay for it.
Hamer Dave Posted February 4, 2014 Posted February 4, 2014 And most all I've seen are rusty, frayed, etc. Including this one. The ones I have, I've washed, conditioned, and 'oiled'. Makes them look/feel much better. You would not believe the rust/corrosion/dirt/sweat/nicotine trapped in them. Maybe, that's part of the charm? Lol!New ones are cool. Old ones for old guitars.
Caddie Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 And most all I've seen are rusty, frayed, etc. Including this one. The ones I have, I've washed, conditioned, and 'oiled'. Makes them look/feel much better. You would not believe the rust/corrosion/dirt/sweat/nicotine trapped in them. Maybe, that's part of the charm? Lol!New ones are cool. Old ones for old guitars.Dave didn't I include one of those when you bought the checkerboard Phantom.caddie
ARM OF HAMER Posted February 9, 2014 Author Posted February 9, 2014 Like Ebay says.......................................don't let it get away. http://www.ebay.com/itm/131108647431?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
ARM OF HAMER Posted February 10, 2014 Author Posted February 10, 2014 Auction closed with a bid of over $150.00!..............when you think what else you can by for that music wise guitar wise............it was obviously worth that to someone...............I have to say I would liked to have had it but not at that price.
oldskoolrulz Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 would love to have one (or two) in like-new condition, but that thing looked a little nasty to each his own though, lord knows i've dropped crazy coin on some vintage items myself... here's the dunlop in case anyone is interested in a WAY cheaper alternative. no, it's not the same but at a 1/10 of the cost it'll get me by for now
velorush Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 Like I said (above), I've been using the Levy's (I have two), but I like the looks of the Dunlop much better. Being woven, it looks closer to the real deal. The Levy's just seems to have the pattern printed on a white background.
oldskoolrulz Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 one thing i noticed is that the og Hamer strap only has 4 rows of squares, where this one and the Levy both have 5. The white squares on the dunlop are a little more on the grey side also, not really white imo...
velorush Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 Yep, five here, too (very quick iPhoto). See, the Levy's is white, but it lacks the woven texture of your Dunlop. I like the Dunlop better, white or not. ETA: it looks like plastic or pleather or something here. It's actually a very comfortable stretchy elastic material. The guitar floats nicely. Looks gnarly in that photo, though.
cmatthes Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 Here's a close up of one of my Hamer straps:
custom53 Posted February 18, 2015 Posted February 18, 2015 Not a Hamer Strap but pretty cheap...! Not mine..https://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/4870895841.html
David B Posted February 18, 2015 Posted February 18, 2015 I had 2 back in the day, but they kinda fell apart.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.